Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying for it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I heard on those sites that you pay for, a lot of them are just robots and it's a scam to take your money so maybe try plenty of fish or something similar that is free. Even if they are shady so what? It's just one night of experience to help you get over this big thing that is obviously holding you back. Prostitutes/escorts are known for drug use and other addictions, not to mention the possible risk of STD's etc. I think it's way higher risk than just meeting some random girl online and hooking up a few times and then you will get over this and be in a better position to date and get to know someone you actually like..

    And just from a female point of you, I would be very upset if my BF told me his first time was with an escort
    It would freak me out and prob be a deal breaker so it would be something that could also hold you back later on..

    Or maybe this whole "no strings" thing is not for you? Maybe you should try to date someone that you like, get to know them and see how it goes.. I know easier said then done but you prob just need to jazz up your profile and have some confidence. Stop over thinking everything. What do you say when you approach a woman online??

    Comment


    • #17
      Plus women on dating sites probably get 100's of messages.. they don't even read half of them so you have to try and stand out. Put up an interesting picture of you and have a good opening sentence that will catch their attention. When they click on your profile they will want to see a little about you, what your looking for from them and your profession/job. I've never been on a dating site lol but I do know how they work coz I've been on plenty of sites like this one and given advice to people..

      But it I was to join one I would want to see a picture, some personality, maybe some humor, his job (helps determine personality) and I would want some indication of whether he's "relationship material" or a "player" etc. It just helps people click through people quickly abd say "no, no, no, maybe, no, yes" lol but too little info is bad but you don't want a huge wall of text either

      Comment


      • #18
        Star89, Ideally I would love to find a girl I like to be in relationship with, but I think that's out of the question. I'm like the guy who goes to the fishing hole and doesn't get a bite all day where everyone else is catching 10 pounders around me all day.

        I've been on PoF before. Never any luck there either. I could try it again I guess.

        As for the hookers being on drugs and having diseases, I've browsed backpage and there are some extremely upscale looking girls on there that would qualify as "trophy-girlfriend" material. I may be wrong but most of their pics and ads look for real. There is one in particular I saw that really interests me who looks very legit. Her pics are simple and don't look like she went through great pains to make herself look sexier on camera than in person. She's extremely clean and sexy looking. Then again, I could be just a naive little twit.

        The messages I send are usually simple and nice. For instance, if they've got a picture of them and their dog I'll say, "Hey, I like your dog. I've got a German shepherd myself. etc..." stuff like that.

        Last edited by MyelinSheath; August 14th, 2017, 01:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          I don't have any hooker experience and have never heard of this backpage.com

          The only thing I would add to the conversation is that I imagine it might be very daunting to go with a hooker on your first time. From my own experience and stories I've heard from friends, the first time is usually a total blunder (mine was ), which is why it is good to have an understanding partner to go through it with. I think there's potential for it to be a very high pressure situation with a hooker, and if she's not understanding it could become a bad experience.

          If you think that you can just laugh it off if it all goes to shit, then fine. But if you're a sensitive person who thinks that a bad experience with a hooker is likely to send you deeper into rabbit hole of anxiety, then I'd say steer clear.

          I guess you need the right hooker, like someone who caters to virgins. Perhaps you could look for one of those?
          Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by whatshappeningreg View Post
            I don't have any hooker experience and have never heard of this backpage.com

            The only thing I would add to the conversation is that I imagine it might be very daunting to go with a hooker on your first time. From my own experience and stories I've heard from friends, the first time is usually a total blunder (mine was ), which is why it is good to have an understanding partner to go through it with. I think there's potential for it to be a very high pressure situation with a hooker, and if she's not understanding it could become a bad experience.

            If you think that you can just laugh it off if it all goes to shit, then fine. But if you're a sensitive person who thinks that a bad experience with a hooker is likely to send you deeper into rabbit hole of anxiety, then I'd say steer clear.

            I guess you need the right hooker, like someone who caters to virgins. Perhaps you could look for one of those?
            See, I thought it would he the opposite. The hooker would be paid to cater to me and not be judgemental of my experience level, whereas the normal girl would be super judgemental and intolerant if I'm inexperienced.

            Either way this it getting very ridiculous. I'm getting sick of all this crap and complications I seem to have when everyone else is just having it made on easy regarding finding partners/dates. God damnit, I'll just fucking drop it and stay a god damn virgin forever. Fuck it.
            Last edited by MyelinSheath; August 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              I don't think a normal girl would be intolerant. It's not just the first time that can be awkward but the first time with any new partner (virgin or not) can be awkward. it takes time to relax and feel comfortable with someone and the first few times can be daunting until you got over that awkward phase at the beginning of any new relationship and then it gets better when your both more relaxed.. again your reading too much into it. Most women have had bad experiences with sex and I think they would be more understanding then you think if you just tell them your kinda nervous.

              Are you seeing a counsellor for your anxiety and depression?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Star89 View Post
                I don't think a normal girl would be intolerant. It's not just the first time that can be awkward but the first time with any new partner (virgin or not) can be awkward. it takes time to relax and feel comfortable with someone and the first few times can be daunting until you got over that awkward phase at the beginning of any new relationship and then it gets better when your both more relaxed.. again your reading too much into it. Most women have had bad experiences with sex and I think they would be more understanding then you think if you just tell them your kinda nervous.

                Are you seeing a counsellor for your anxiety and depression?
                I've told you that getting a woman for me is out of the question. It's impossible. I know you think I'm overthinking, but I'm not. Women simply don't like me. It's just that simple. It can't happen.

                No, I'm not seeing someone for my depression. I don't have health insurance, and I don't have the money to pay hundreds of dollars to talk to someone. It won't work anyway.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Also, PoF is NOT free. It's like all the other sites. You can make a profile and add pictures, but if you want to actually use your profile and interact with people on there, you got to start paying them a fee.

                  star89, you said there are, and I quote, "tons of relationship/dating sites where you would meet women wanting to have sex. You don't need to pay for it." I'd like to know what sites you're talking about because I do not know of them.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MyelinSheath View Post
                    I've told you that getting a woman for me is out of the question. It's impossible. I know you think I'm overthinking, but I'm not. Women simply don't like me. It's just that simple. It can't happen.

                    No, I'm not seeing someone for my depression. I don't have health insurance, and I don't have the money to pay hundreds of dollars to talk to someone. It won't work anyway.
                    It won't work anyway!?
                    You haven't tried and you expect me and others to still believe that you don't have a bad approach and attitude????

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      What kind of profile have you put on the dating websites? An "impressive" one or an honest one?

                      You've got nothing to lose by putting an honest profile up that states that you are an inexperience guy looking for a patient woman who will teach you about dating or go through the process with you.

                      It sounds like you couldn't do worse than you've got based on the profile you've posted.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well like I said I have no personal experience with dating sites but friends of mine use tinder and pof and some other site (can't remember the name) to meet people and they put in what they are looking for (age, gender, relationship/friendship/fun) and then it matches them to people looking for the same thing as them and then they just start talking to people. And there are women like you who are introverts/hermits looking to date someone similar..

                        Maybe join a free support group in your area for anxiety. Some community centres do them

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I always discourage on line dating because it's a big disappointment in many cases, and you come across so many liars and even fraudsters.

                          The people who own or manage these sites are not interested in finding you a match, they're only interested in making money. That's why they entice you into signing up free of charge, but then force you to pay for so-called upgrades like communication or viewing private photos. Besides you pay for being a member on a dating site and it's still no guarantee you'll meet someone or lose your virginity if it's your first time.

                          On the other hand, paying for sex is a guarantee you'll have a happy ending but there are many risks to this also. Besides being illegal in many places, it can be very expensive and there's always a risk for contracting STD. The brothels in Nevada are safe and legal and the girls are required to be tested for diseases, but they work as subcontractors and can charge whatever they want. Their rates are out of most people's price range.

                          Either way it's a catch-22 but you need to do what makes you happy and what you think is best.
                          Last edited by singleguy; August 15th, 2017, 05:49 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I agree that online dating is not ideal but it's better than seeing a hooker IMO..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              All the things that seem to work for everyone never work for me. I talk to people all the time who say they've met lots of girls online, on tinder, pof, or other sites. I've been using three or four of these sites for almost two months now, sent messages to many different women, and haven't gotten a single reply yet. Fuck it. I give up. I won't be back here guys. I'm done. Thanks for all your help and advice (and patience with me). I'm done trying. I'll never try again.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Myelin always says he finished and that he'll never try again. I'm sure he'll start a new thread shortly.
                                "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X