please help sexsomnia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help sexsomnia

hi everyone this is a bit embarrassing but i believe i suffer from this problem. i have been in a relationship with my partner just shy of 10 years and this issue started about 6 years ago i would push for sex group fondle and on vary rare occasion have sex with my partner while im asleep. i know this sounds ridiculous and like a lie but i never remember doing it. it is putting quite a strain on our relationship as its unwanted advances and i understand why my partner thinks its just making excuses but i genuinely have no idea what ive done and wake up to the wrath on my unknown actions and all i can do is apologise i have done some looking into this and i also suffer from anxiety which i am on medication for which can also help to set off these parasomnia like symptoms i really dont know what to do all i can do is apologise but when i cannot recall what i have done its a empty apology and i dunno how to talk to my partner about sexsomnia as i think understandably it will been seen as a excuse and im just always after sex im totally lost
    many thanks for your time

Tell your partner to keep a bucket of water next to the bed. When you do your sexsomnia moves, he needs to dump the water over your head to wake you up. That might eventually discourage you subconsciously from trying it again.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

lol thanks for the reply but that sounds horrific im actually the male party sorry for any confusion i have got a second bed setup downstairs and am going to talk to her tonight but i dunno how to go about it as it all just seems like excuses and im afraid it will be the end of our relationship were engaged wedding is booked for april been together for just shy of 10 years and have 3 kids i love her to bits and really dont wanna mess this up but i seem to have no control of it or even any idea im doing it or indication that i might do it that night. i just really dont know how to approach this or even show any proof that it is sexomnia and not me just being after sex really just dunno what to do

Comment

You MUST see a medical doctor. This is a medical issue that can be fixed. I have a friend who used to eat cookies in her sleep. She'd wake up in the morning with crumbs all over her bed and have no memory of having eaten the cookies.

This can be fixed.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

i used to sleep eat too lol its not fun and thanks i will get it looked into my other half is not surprisingly upset with me so i need to try to sort that out but i have no idea how to without soundlike im making excuses u know

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
            I have a friend who used to eat cookies in her sleep. She'd wake up in the morning with crumbs all over her bed and have no memory of having eaten the cookies.
            I just laughed out loud to this whilst sat on a busy train. I am getting strange looks. Thanks for that Sarah!

I'm totally gonna use that excuse for any future weight gains
            Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed that. It's true. There's a name for sleep eating. I think it may be related to some form of anxiety.

Comment

Would make sense alot of parasomnias are affected by lack of sleep anxiety alcohol drugs etc

Comment

Working...
                X