Partner turns everything into an argument

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner turns everything into an argument

Why is it that my partner wants to turn every comment I a make into an argument. His general stance is to make so much of everyday life a dispute.

Gaylemzs Because some people are like that. They're very argumentative, hostile, pick fights, bullying types and dramatic.

There is a cause though either medical, poor health, psychological, personal, insecurity, lack of self-confidence, low self-esteem, financial stress, it runs the gamut.

Then there are some people who are always in the "misery loves company" mindset. They can't rise up to your level so they have to drag you down to their unhappy level by saying something snide to ruin your day.

Beware of being with people who act like this. They'll cause nothing but angst, undue stress, anxiety and unhappiness in your life if you associate with them. I stay away.

Also, difficult people like your partner are manipulative and always want to control every dialogue whether verbal or written. Stay away from those types, too.

A word to google is "gaslighting." Educate yourself on that psychological warfare. It's tricky and sneaky but once you understand that word, you can sniff a gaslighter from a mile away. Avoid gaslighters, too.

You can't deal with some people on this Earth. They're too much work!
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Leave if it is too much for you. As chanelle said, some people are just like that. It's up to you if you want to live with it.
      I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

Comment

Give us an example.

Comment

Hi Gaylemzs I can imagine how difficult this situation must be for you. Have you considered counseling to help both of you? Also is there any possibility that your partner is dealing with some underlying issues that is making him so argumentative. Also is there anyone that you both trust and respect that could mediate for you or help you convey how you are feeling. I like this encouraging quote that says 'Love wins', so wishing you that in your relationship .

Comment

If you're not married to him, then dump him. Like is too short to be with an argumentative asshole

Comment

Working...
            X