Girlfriends long distance relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriends long distance relationship

Need some relationship guidance. My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 months and I don't know what to think about one of her friends. I am Canadian she is American and we are already living together in the US. At the start of our relationship she often talked about her best friends, they are all women except for one. Now 6 months later, she rarely talks about her female friends and constantly talks about this guy in LA she knows and really admires. It's starting to concern be because this guy is now divorced and since his divorce they are constantly texting with each other. The first real "red flag" was when I would walk in the room and she would close out of her Facebook page to avoid me seeing it. I talked to her about this and she said she doesn't like to have a bunch of browser tabs open and I didn't really believe this answer but I went with it because she convinced me that she is 100% committed to our relationship. Well, just 1 day later, she's doing the same thing again, always on her phone, always texting someone, and I'm backing to feeling like there is something wrong in our relationship. I just feel that if I talk to her about it again, and if I tell her that all the texting is starting to bother me, that I will become paranoid and always think she's keeping a secret from me. Maybe if we talk about this, she won't text around me but will do it when I'm not around? Maybe it will lead her to feeling trapped or unhappy? Not sure what to do about this one?

Listen to your gut. If she feels the need to close pages and hide what she's writing, she is most likely having some kind of emotional relationship with this guy. Pay attention to her actions and not her trying to convince you that she's 100% committed.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by vostok18 View Post
      ..... My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 months and I don't know what to think about one of her friends. I am Canadian she is American and we are already living together in the US. ......
      You made a big mistake moving in with someone you don't really know. Now you're discovering that she's sneaking and entertaining another man.

Tell her you are uncomfortable with her behavior, made a mistake moving in together so soon, and you are making plans to move out.

Then see how she responds.

Good luck

Comment

I think for once in my life I should trust my gut and I think moving out is probably the best idea. She can then have 2 long distance relationships - we'll see which once she chooses.

Comment

^^^ Smart Dude!
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Funny how she doesn’t like too many tabs open only once you walk in the room. And the one she closes when you do is fb. What else is open?
            Agree with the others.

Comment

vostok18 Two is company, three is a crowd. Either he goes or you go.
              "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Working...
              X