Ex wont stop texting and GF does nothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex wont stop texting and GF does nothing

Ive been dating a woman for a year. In that time her ex has consistently texted her asking her if she misses him, if he can come over, or if she wants to come over. I asked about this and shes said she doesnt engage or she just says NO. But I know shes also talked about the fact that her daughter asked about him, and my GF has asked about his work as well. As far as I know, shes never said she was seeing someone nor set a boundary or blocked his number. Shes definitely not engaged other than the above but shes also seems to leave this door open.Its been a year now. Who texts their ex gf for a year and what woman deals with it for that long? Looking for some guidance here. Am i crazy?
    Last edited by teemoo215; July 15th, 2018, 07:36 PM.

Just tell your girlfriend that she should be able to respect that, I'm confused about the daughter part but if they do have a child which I'm assuming they did then she has to keep in touch with him. If I'm understanding correctly please correct me if I'm wrong... but you should talk to her, and my girlfriend also has her ex on snapchat I believe but she hasn't spoken to him in a while which also makes me question, but that's not the point this is about you. I would let her know how you feel about it, gotta keep communication and honesty a must between the both of you.

Comment

Is the child his?

In that case, having a moderately friendly yet distant relationship with this man is important for the childs wellbeing. You can't control the things he says to her and you can't ask her to end contact with the father and co-parent of this child. So as long as she's enforcing boundaries and not engaging in overly personal or flirty conversations, you'll have to suck it up and accept it for what it it.

If the kid isn't his, I agree she should break the ties with this guy. It clearly indicates she's keeping him as a back up option.
      You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

No, you're not crazy. She likes the attention both from her ex AND the way it gets your attention. Creepy ass female mofo. How is she in other aspects of her life or in relationship? She sounds like she makes very poor decisions overall. Please.

Comment

Child is hers. Not his. He has asked to come over. Invited her to come over, asked if she misses him. she has never told him she is with someone, nor set boudaries or blocked him. This has gone on for a year.

Comment

She's not over the relationship and keeping the door open.
            If I were you, I'd have one foot out the door by now.
            You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

Working...
            X