Falling in love too quickly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling in love too quickly?

I met someone in a kik chatroom. I didnít allow PMís and strictly chatted in the chat however I started talking to this one guy and it moved to PM and then he gave me his number. There was an instant connection. I am usually hesitant about contacting people online however there wasnít any hesitation with him. It was a Friday and we talked for hours all weekend. And text. And by the third day he told me he loved me. I fell in love with him too. He lives states away. He plans on moving here. Thereís a lot of info about us but it would be a novel. Basically our connection is strong and intense. We talk via text, phone and FaceTime. We are going to meet in person next month. But my main question is...has anyone or anyone know of a couple who fell in love quickly and had a lasting relationship?

Are you serious? You chatted to someone online and you both fell in love after three days? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

You're experiencing attraction not love. This is how people screw up their lives, by having ZERO sense of discretion.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I know it sounds crazy. Trust me! We both know it sounds crazy. Iím an educated professional. Not a teen or young adult. Iím 32 years old. Have my own car, job and a house that I rent. So I am well established. I realize this sounds insane. He isnít going to move here right now. Itís been a month since we started talking. Iím going to visit him next month. And hopefully visit a couple more times in person before he moves. So before you chastise...maybe ask questions? The only thing that would be ruined in my life is my heart. Lol Iím an established adult who is on a forum looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience in falling for someone quickly.

Comment

I guess I do...who hasn't though. My fiance and I fell in love fairly quickly and we were older than you when we met. Here's the thing: it sounds like you've got more to lose than you think. Your peace of mind, self-respect, general happiness and your home. Hindsight is always 20/20. I lost everything in a previous common-law relationship but luckily I was young and had time to recoup. Have you lived with another person in a romantic relationship before?

Comment

It sounds like infatuation right now. You need to meet in person and get to know him better before you can actually and officially say you're "in love." Also, be careful whom you meet online. You don't know whom you're dealing with until you get to know him better. He sounds like he's planning to move where you are as he said. Hope it works out for you. You shall see.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I developed "feelings" for my bf relatively quickly, but I knew better than to assume it was love. It was a crush, an infatuation, which slowly grew into love over the course of several weeks/months. Don't make any hasty decisions. Meet this guy, sure. But don't talk about who's going to move where until you've actually spent a substantial amount of time together in person.

Comment

Happy for you! It's a good sign that you have actually facetimed him, that means he really is (at least physically) who he says he is. I'd say you have to meet up face to face to really know if there is anything to build on, because attraction in real life is completely different from who you get to know through the screen. Just be careful to give your heart away too fast! If you guys are meant to be, you will feel it once you meet. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Comment

Originally posted by MissyP25 View Post
                I know it sounds crazy. Trust me! We both know it sounds crazy. Iím an educated professional. Not a teen or young adult. Iím 32 years old. Have my own car, job and a house that I rent. So I am well established. I realize this sounds insane. He isnít going to move here right now. Itís been a month since we started talking. Iím going to visit him next month. And hopefully visit a couple more times in person before he moves. So before you chastise...maybe ask questions? The only thing that would be ruined in my life is my heart. Lol Iím an established adult who is on a forum looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience in falling for someone quickly.
                Lots of educated professionals with their own car and house make silly mistakes. Of course people fall for others quickly. That's built into our biology. Attraction and sexual lure are the devices that nature has installed in us to keep the population going.

In my opinion, you can't 'love' someone you've been chatting with for three days. And now you're talking about him moving to be with you? This has catastrophe written all over it. Check back with us in 6 months and let us know how it all ended.
                "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but not new to this sort of stuff. Is there a possibility that you can make it with this short amount of time knowing each other, yes. My sister-in-law has a friend who got married
                  5 months after knowing the guy. They've been married now for over 20 years. However let me also speak to the obvious. This is a RARE situation. That same couple almost divorced twice in those 20 years. Now they have
                  moments of happiness but otherwise it's a marriage that's on autopilot. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. In other words before he makes a drastic move like that, spend more time in person with him. Learn what his good,
                  bad, and ugly is. We all have them. It could be our personalities, things we're passionate about, our daily habits, or our religious and political beliefs. Then think DEEP down, "Can I live with this day in, day out for years to
                  come?" Don't think, "Oh I'll change that about him." You might not be able to. That's just my thought.

Comment

Those are good thoughts, Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by MissyP25 View Post
                      None of what you've elaborated on makes your immature bonding to a stranger on the internet any more smarter then when Sarah first responded.

You're delusional if you think you're in love with some guy you don't even know except for what he's told you which you've not even been able to verify as the truth.

You may be fiscally established but you appear to be in a deficit as far as emotional maturity goes because you seem to confuse what love is, with what fantasy infatuation is. For your sake I hope he's not married or some player who hits it and then ghosts you. You're currently in a prime position to end up shredding your own heart so I suggest you take a chill pill and guide your over extended imagination back to reality and drop your expectations because you don't really know anyone until you've spent time with them in the real world.

Now, that being said. There are two past posters on this very forum that connected here and they are now married. That happens rarely.
                      Last edited by phasesofthemoon; March 2nd, 2018, 02:23 PM.
                      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
                      X