Gentleman or P.O.S.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentleman or P.O.S.

Is the husband a gentleman or p.o.s.? The husband ask his wife if she would go take a bed to the storage unit and bring the other beds back so their children will have their beds to sleep in. The wife reluctantly answers yes (she hates the cold weather and it's getting late). The husband goes out to start the car and it's dead. He goes to his wife and explains to her that he is going to walmart for jumper cables so he can get back and get the kids beds done so they can go to sleep. The wife says that she wish he would hurry. The husband goes to walmart and back. While he is jumping the car off in the cold air, he decides to run to storage and switch out the beds by himself so his wife doesn't have to get out in the cold. When he is almost back home, wife text him asking him where he went. He text back walmart, home, storage, home because he was almost back. Wife immediately starts calling his a p.o.s. and numerous other names and saying he did it to be a jerk and that no one else in their right mind would do that. So, is the husband doing what any loving husband would do or is he a p.o.s. Doing it just to be a jerk.

sounds like after he went outside he realized how callous and unmanly it would be to force his wife to do this task. it would have been wise of him to explain to her in advance why he was doing everything himself. probably would have won some points with her, also.

he was original a pos to ask a female to move furniture for him, but seemed to redeem himself by doing it himself.

Comment

How did the husband get to walmart with an inoperable car? Or from home to storage. Was it within walking distance or by bus?

Not a POS but overtired, worried and not thinking straight. She overreacted for the same reasons I would suspect.

Comment

Why wasn't it communicated to the wife that the husband would be doing whatever needed to be done with the beds?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

1st Rose Mosse, I forgot to state they had 2 vehicles but no jumper cables and they only live 5 minutes from Wal-Mart and the storage unit.
          2nd rabbithabbit, The husband was only asking her to go so they would be spending time together and the wife knows that, not because he needed help moving. And to clarify a little more. They weren't moving complete beds, they already had those in place and only needed to drop off a queen-size mattress and box-spring to pick up 3 twin-size box-springs (if it matters).

Comment

Phaseoftgemoon, I don't completely understand your question. He did explain to her what needed to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar132013 View Post
              Phaseoftgemoon, I don't completely understand your question. He did explain to her what needed to be done.
              However; He did not explain that he was going to do the beds... he just went and did it did he not?
              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
              X