No announcement yet.

Is it time to say good bye?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to say good bye?

Hi, I'm really struggling in my relationship at the moment and no matter what I do I feel as though nothing will ever be good enough. I've been with my bf for just over 3 years now. We live together and have a dog together. He's a very genuine, kind, warm and funny person. He's the first person I have been with that I trust fully. At the beginning of the relationship he made me feel special and we went on dates and enjoyed eachother company. The last year I have been so miserable in our relationship. He's not much of a talker so when I talk to him he either walks away and says I'm trying to argue or he listens and doesn't conversate back with me so I feel I'm just talking to a wall. I'm bored. We never spend quality time together anymore. We don't have date nights and we don't flirt like we used to we don't make eachother feel good and it's just boring. I don't feel I'm in a relationship I feel it's more convenient than anything. I find myself becoming attracted to other men and when shown attention I get super excited but at the end of the day I just want it to come from him. He always says he has no money or he's saving or this that bla bla bla. So when I do force him out I feel like I just lay for it all. I feel the problems are a lot deeper than just the date nights. He doesn't respect me in regards to how hard I work and then I come home and cook clean sort the dog etc. We haven't slept together for months. When we do sexual stuff it's probably a hand job for him and that's all. I don't enjoy sex with him anymore becauE half the time he starts me off and leaves me hanging because he's finished and it gets frustrating and annoying. I've explained this to him and nothing has changed. He's very self absorbed. I've had a bad life and I feel I just deserve happiness... that's all I ask for. This is draining me it's not fun it's not happy and it's making me miserable. Also I don't have much family and my nana died last year... we've spent the last 2 Christmases with his family this year I asked because it's the first without my nana can we spend it alone at home. Long story short he chose to spend it with his family and said "I have a choice whether I chose to be alone or not at Christmas" so I volunteered to work all over Christmas to stop me being indoors alone depressed. Am I asking for too much? I just want to be a priority.. be respected and loved. Please help

You can't force your boyfriend to make you a priority. It looks like this relationship has reached its expiration date. Why are you staying with him at this point?

btw, it's 'converse' and not 'conversate.'
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Once you're finished wallowing you might give us some real details about the nature of your relationship and how you both have contributed to the break down. All I'm hearing is 'poor me'. You have to look a little deeper than this.

I've explained this to him and nothing has changed
        Then it's time for you to get out of the relationship. Its a whole lot more lonely within a dead relationship then it is being single.

Nothing is keeping you there so start planning how you're going to tell him its over and where you'll go when you leave.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!