Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My foreign girlfriend is older than me. Is that okay? I need advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My foreign girlfriend is older than me. Is that okay? I need advice!

Iím really new with online dating so, please bear with me on this. Me and my gf met on A Foreign Affair, and things are going great. Iím well in between my 20ís and 30ís right now but my girlfriend who lives in Russia is near her 40ís. I donít really care about the age gap, but a lot of people donít see it that way.

I donít care about what other people say about us and neither does she. What worries me is if our relationship would affect our social lives in any way Ėin terms of friends, family, or work. I donít want my girlfriend to experience any problems in the long run. Weíre both really serious with one another and Iíd hate to miss one detail that could make our relationship more difficult than it already is.

A lot of people see me as some kind of gold digger, targeting older women for money or something. I hate that society judges people in this manner but as long as me and my gf love each other, thereís nothing I should worry aboutÖright? Do you guys have any advice, tips, or comments? Anything would gladly be appreciated and taken into account. I just want to make sure I know what Iím doing. I just want my gf to have the best boyfriend, even if our relationship is online. Thank you so much in advance!

Originally posted by deeplyNlove View Post
    ..... even if our relationship is online. .....
    How much a relationship do you really anticipate having? Have you met in person? Do you plan to?

And how long have you been in this relationship?

Comment

You can start by being honest. You say you don't care about what other people say, but clearly you do. You worry about how your friends might treat her or talk about your being a golddigger.

Your biggest problem, however, is that you're talking about loving someone you've never met. Online dating is not real dating. The dynamics are one-dimensional. What are the chances that you'll actually meet in person? Or even be able to meet on a regular basis if you hit it off in person? You're being a bit unrealistic about the possibilities here.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Honestly, it's more likely she's the scammer.
        Not at all flirtatious. Why does it say that??

Comment

Originally posted by Preraph View Post
          Honestly, it's more likely she's the scammer.
          Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Step back and look at what you're doing. You're basically going after people you can't ever have a life with. You need to step back from online connections and get out of the house and do social activities and any type of real-life active hobbies to meet real women who you can actually get to know and have a real relationship with. No one online is who they pretend to be, almost without exception. There is no substitute for meeting the real person in your own environment.
            Not at all flirtatious. Why does it say that??

Comment

Working...
            X