What do you think of this guy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this guy?

For a few months i saw a personal trainer at my gym staring at me when i entered the gym. He happens to train my brother and he would ask my brother questions about me and what i do etc.

Eventually he said hi to me but seemed nervous and i didn t feel too comfortable around him either. Saying hi continued for another few months but that's all that he could say as I kept it short and sweet too and didn't feel comfortable having a conversation with him either. He continued with the staring everytime he saw me and he asked my brother questions like how is your sister's training going? Sometimes he makes direct eye contact with me and looks eyes with me even when he's training someone. I usually look away as i feel akward.
    I brought a friend to the gym once and he also asked my brother about that too and said he noticed me with a brunette girl in the gym.
    Recently my brother sent him pics of himself wearing a suit to the PT from a formal event we both went to. I was in a couple of the pics dressed up and he asked my brother if it's his girlfriend (i believe he knew it was me) and he told him how i look different outside the gym and that it doesn't look like me. Since he's seen the pics he keeps on saying the same thing a few times to my brother- about how different i look outside the gym. He's making a big deal about this and people would obviously look different at a formal event than they would at the gym.
    Yesterday the PT saw my friend and i at the gym again and mentioned this to my brother today. My friend said she also felt uncomfortable around him like she was being checked out.
    He asked my brother what her name is and said she seems interesting. Even though my brother has told him that she's got a boyfriend in the past. He hasn't even bothered to ask my name all this time. I'm not sure if he's trying to wind me up to get a reaction from me, as maybe he was expecting to get attention from me and chat to him? That has happened all this time. What do you think of this guy?

Why have you posted about this again? As we have all said before, it just sounds like this guy is interested in you but is not comfortable approaching you. He seems to know your brother really well so he very likely knows about your past.
    I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

Comment

You seem to think an awful lot about him. And you obviously keep going back to the same gym.
      For a math tutor, why aren't you doing the math?
      Have you explored why you don't feel comfortable talking with him?

Comment

Kayb26 I think he's creepy because he constantly asks your brother about you and now he asks about your friend yet never has interest to know your name. And, he doesn't care that your friend has a boyfriend either. Since this gym guy isn't behaving with good manners nor polite, I would continue to ignore him, do your workout and leave.

If he doesn't have the decency to do the right thing such as ask your name, say 'hello,' introduce himself or be friendly directly towards you, then ignore him because he is perceived as creepy and abnormal. He's not even nice to your brother because all he does is check women out, talk to your brother, doesn't care what your name is, doesn't care that your friend has a boyfriend and he doesn't add up. Something is wrong with this picture.

Exercise and mind your own business (with all due respect). Continue to ignore him and eventually he'll lose interest. Good riddance (to him)!

Comment

Chanelle, kayb has a problem with PTs. She posted before that she was assaulted by one in the past, and I get the feeling he knows about it but just doesn't know how to approach her. She sees all PTs as a threat, including this one. I don't understand why she continues to go to this gym if the guy makes her uncomfortable. Maybe she secretly enjoys the attention.
          Last edited by Dazed & Confused; February 27th, 2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chanelle View Post
            Kayb26 I think he's creepy because he constantly asks your brother about you and now he asks about your friend yet never has interest to know your name. And, he doesn't care that your friend has a boyfriend either. Since this gym guy isn't behaving with good manners nor polite, I would continue to ignore him, do your workout and leave.

If he doesn't have the decency to do the right thing such as ask your name, say 'hello,' introduce himself or be friendly directly towards you, then ignore him because he is perceived as creepy and abnormal. He's not even nice to your brother because all he does is check women out, talk to your brother, doesn't care what your name is, doesn't care that your friend has a boyfriend and he doesn't add up. Something is wrong with this picture.

Exercise and mind your own business (with all due respect). Continue to ignore him and eventually he'll lose interest. Good riddance (to him)!
            He is NOT creepy at all. SHE IS!
            She has in the past claimed that a PT assaulted her.
            It got thrown out due to lack of evidence.

This current PT probably is aware of her psychotic behaviour and keeping his distance.

Yet he does have a job to do and that is to monitor everyoneís posture when using gym equipment to ensure their safety. But at arms length wisely.

I feel so sorry for this PT whose job is made difficult by the OP!

Comment

I agree. He clearly does know about her past and is obviously just wary. In her last post she was insulting this PT for no reason, calling him names which i called her out on. She clearly see's all PTs as sexual predators which is really wrong of her to do. Sounds like she's the one constantly staring at HIM and making HIM uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by chanelle View Post

Yes youíre right. This is creepy behaviour that doesnít make sense. Itís gone past the normal stage. I really like this gym especially on the days when heís not there. Maybe he was looking for me to approach him and react to his staring and it didnít happen so heís just being rude now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayb26 View Post

Yes youíre right. This is creepy behaviour that doesnít make sense. Itís gone past the normal stage. I really like this gym especially on the days when heís not there. Maybe he was looking for me to approach him and react to his staring and it didnít happen so heís just being rude now.
                  Interesting how you respond to the only comment that agrees with you. Are you just looking to be passified? You're wrong though. The only behavior that doesn't make sense and gone past the normal stage is yours. To you all PTs are predators. You have lost all rationality. He's just very wary of you because he's knows you are prone to making accusations against people in his profession. He is not creepy. You are. You are not of sound mind and you are the one being downright rude. You are obsessed with the guy. Go back to counselling.
                  Last edited by Dazed & Confused; February 28th, 2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Kayb26 Just ignore him and be safe always.

Comment

This was her first post. Very clearly shows she is being paranoid and has become rather obsessed about this guy. He isn't really doing anything wrong. He is clearly very aware of her past and is uncomfortable with HER being there.

I was going to the gym and noticed this PT guy watching me whilst working out or he'll glance at me. Then i noticed him out right staring right at me when i was entering the gym and at the last minute looking away.
                      He happens to train my brother and once when we were at the gym at the same time my bro intro'd me and said 'this is my sister btw'. (My brother said the PT had asked when his sister comes to the gym in passing convo and he had no idea i was his sister.) The PT seemed to get a bit awkward and at first looked at my bro with a nervous smile and then he looked at me and said hi. I said hi back but then there was an awkward silence and then he just looked at my legs and then walked off.
                      My brother said in their next session the PT was asking general questions about me like what I do for a living i.e. maths tutor. Then he said- she must be very clever and patient.
                      I kind of avoid the gym or go when there is hardly no-one there. I have seen him a couple of times and if I look at him he looks down and avoids eye contact and he generally avoids me now and seems like he can't stand me. I guess it's good that he doesn't stare now but weird that he finds me annoying. Itís not like I want attention or something- I just want to be normal and friendly and not have that awkwardness there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed & Confused View Post
                        This was her first post. Very clearly shows she is being paranoid and has become rather obsessed about this guy. He isn't really doing anything wrong. He is clearly very aware of her past and is uncomfortable with HER being there.

I was going to the gym and noticed this PT guy watching me whilst working out or he'll glance at me. Then i noticed him out right staring right at me when i was entering the gym and at the last minute looking away.
                        He happens to train my brother and once when we were at the gym at the same time my bro intro'd me and said 'this is my sister btw'. (My brother said the PT had asked when his sister comes to the gym in passing convo and he had no idea i was his sister.) The PT seemed to get a bit awkward and at first looked at my bro with a nervous smile and then he looked at me and said hi. I said hi back but then there was an awkward silence and then he just looked at my legs and then walked off.
                        My brother said in their next session the PT was asking general questions about me like what I do for a living i.e. maths tutor. Then he said- she must be very clever and patient.
                        I kind of avoid the gym or go when there is hardly no-one there. I have seen him a couple of times and if I look at him he looks down and avoids eye contact and he generally avoids me now and seems like he can't stand me. I guess it's good that he doesn't stare now but weird that he finds me annoying. Itís not like I want attention or something- I just want to be normal and friendly and not have that awkwardness there.
                        You clearly enjoy painting me as the big bad wolf here. Go and do that to someone else or find another hobby where you can let off your steam. I have a right to be wary of this guy. He doesn't know anything about my bad experiences- so why make dumb assumptions, you're a bit nutty aren't you.
                        IF this guy was straight forward in his behaviour towards me i would feel more comfortable talking to him like a normal guy and being friendly, but he's not in my opinion and some other people's opinion so get over it! We're allowed to have our own standards and reasons to be cautious.
                        Last edited by Kayb26; March 1st, 2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

You clearly enjoy painting me as the big bad wolf here. Go and do that to someone else or find another hobby where you can let off your steam. I have a right to be wary of this guy. He doesn't know anything about my bad experiences- so why make dumb assumptions, you're a bit nutty aren't you.
                          IF this guy was straight forward in his behaviour towards me i would feel more comfortable talking to him like a normal guy and being friendly, but he's not in my opinion and some other people's opinion so get over it! We're allowed to have our own standards and reasons to be cautious.
                          No one has painted you in a bad light except for you.

This guy has a right to be wary of you. And his behaviour suggests he is.

He is essentially ignoring you. Why is that an issue for you???

Comment

To know that he staring and you and looking at you allot means you are staring and looking at him just as much. YOU are likely making HIM just as uncomfortable. I think its unfair and really rude of you to be so insulting to someone who hasn't done anything to you, but purely because he is a PT. If he is as good friends with your brother as you have said, then its almost certain that your brother will have told him about your past. You have been very to me too which is uncalled for. This shows the kind of bitter person you really are. Only one person sort of agreed with you but no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed & Confused View Post

To know that he staring and you and looking at you allot means you are staring and looking at him just as much. YOU are likely making HIM just as uncomfortable. I think its unfair and really rude of you to be so insulting to someone who hasn't done anything to you, but purely because he is a PT. If he is as good friends with your brother as you have said, then its almost certain that your brother will have told him about your past. You have been very to me too which is uncalled for. This shows the kind of bitter person you really are. Only one person sort of agreed with you but no one else does.
                              Youíre a fool... I know my brother More than you- you demented loser. Iíll be as rude as I want to you. Donít care for what a nutcase like you has to say. Donít respond to my posts if you donít like what iím saying.
                              Just to help you- there is a thing called peripheral vision where you can notice someone looking at you from the corner of your eye. Iíve seen him do this and heís continued to lock eyes. Secondly Iíve turned around and seen him watching me. You can try all you want to spin it around- but youíre wasting youíre time. All youíre doing is projecting and saying what you are I.e. bitter and rude.
                              Also the masses arenít always right- they can infact be asses like you
                              Last edited by Kayb26; March 1st, 2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X