Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If guys weren't so shallow then I'd probably have a boyfriend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If guys weren't so shallow then I'd probably have a boyfriend?

    en't so shallow then I'd probably have a boyfriend already.

  • #2
    Men are visual creatures. They go after who they are attracted to physically, for the most part. If you've maximized your attractiveness level, and still no luck with attracting a man, you'll likely need time to build attraction through your other good traits. Are you good at sports? Find a guy who shares your hobby/interest in the sport you engage in. I know at least 3 married couples who met through a shared sport. Are you musical or a good dancer? Go to places you can show your talent. There are men who appreciate a talented woman, and that may help to overcome lack of physical attraction. What about other hobbies? There are likely men who engage in them also, so join a club or group who shares that hobby, and you will get to know men on terms other than physical appearance. Can you cook? The saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Even if you are young, that still holds true. I remember my son's first girlfriend. She would often bake him cookies or other sweets, and he really ate that up (pardon the pun). Invite a group of friends to dinner, and then showcase your cooking ability. Or make some tasty treat and bring it in to the office or school or whatever. Men will take notice that you can cook. I happen to know a married couple where the man overlooked his wife's appearance because she was a gourmey cook, and she landed him with her cooking. Make the most of what you've got, whatever that may be. Are you spiritual? Lots of single men of all ages go to church or place of worship. Find a place of worship near you and get involved. Spiritual men are attracted to women who share their faith, even if their appearance is not the greatest. There is more than one way to catch a man.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mary View Post
      Men are visual creatures. They go after who they are attracted to physically, for the most part. If you've maximized your attractiveness level, and still no luck with attracting a man, you'll likely need time to build attraction through your other good traits. Are you good at sports? Find a guy who shares your hobby/interest in the sport you engage in. I know at least 3 married couples who met through a shared sport. Are you musical or a good dancer? Go to places you can show your talent. There are men who appreciate a talented woman, and that may help to overcome lack of physical attraction. What about other hobbies? There are likely men who engage in them also, so join a club or group who shares that hobby, and you will get to know men on terms other than physical appearance. Can you cook? The saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Even if you are young, that still holds true. I remember my son's first girlfriend. She would often bake him cookies or other sweets, and he really ate that up (pardon the pun). Invite a group of friends to dinner, and then showcase your cooking ability. Or make some tasty treat and bring it in to the office or school or whatever. Men will take notice that you can cook. I happen to know a married couple where the man overlooked his wife's appearance because she was a gourmey cook, and she landed him with her cooking. Make the most of what you've got, whatever that may be. Are you spiritual? Lots of single men of all ages go to church or place of worship. Find a place of worship near you and get involved. Spiritual men are attracted to women who share their faith, even if their appearance is not the greatest. There is more than one way to catch a man.
      I see a lot of other girl who are not considered to be attractive but they still have b9yfriends.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well you sAid the reason you di dnt have a boyfriend was because men were shallow. Some men are. Some are not. I gave you some ideas on how to attract a man with something other than your looks

        Comment


        • #5
          Ilovecoral Forget about men. Concentrate on yourself first. Get ahead in life. Focus on education and career. Get on the fast track. Then men will AUTOMATICALLY turn their heads and notice you. Men love independent, strong women. Or, most men do anyway.

          I never dated in HS or shortly thereafter. I gave up on that because I was shy, bashful, lacked self confidence and never popular. Therefore, I concentrated on ascending at work. It didn't take long before I was included at cocktail parties with all the winners and upwardly mobile in my circle. Keep in mind, young men do the same. Serious men are not out partying all night nor at singles bars. They're too busy on the fast track and their career ladder. I did the same and then later during young adulthood was when I met my husband. My MIL (mother-in-law) had this old country saying: "While everyone was too busy sloshing around down in the bucket of milk, all the cream rose to the top!" It's so true. It means winners rise to the top in droves and you can be part of their lives if you do the same.

          Good fortune happens to those who are patient and work hard. Everything else falls into place automatically in due time. If you want a winner of a man in your life, act like them, get busy with your own life and when it's time to socialize, you'll be Cinderella at the ball. Keep your nose to the grindstone and your time in the sun will come. Succeed in your own right.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

          Comment


          • #6
            Ilovecoral Also, while you're doing all that, workout, get fit, eat right, get into shape. It boosts your self-confidence. Become a lean machine. That in combination with focusing on getting ahead in life will be a dynamite recipe. You can live the high life with successful people if you play your cards right.
            "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ilovecoral View Post
              en't so shallow then I'd probably have a boyfriend already.
              Something tells me the reason you don't have a boyfriend has nothing to do with men being shallow. You sound shallow to put the whole blame on men. Ever think that maybe it could be you?
              I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ilovecoral View Post
                I see a lot of other girl who are not considered to be attractive but they still have b9yfriends.
                So? They must have great personaliies which is very attractive to their boyfriends.
                I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ilovecoral View Post
                  I see a lot of other girl who are not considered to be attractive but they still have b9yfriends.
                  Common denominator is You. Men as whole gender are not shallow.
                  "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ilovecoral View Post
                    I see a lot of other girl who are not considered to be attractive but they still have b9yfriends.
                    So you are showing examples of men not being shallow, to use as your argument that men are shallow...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X