(Reciprocated?) Feelings for My Best Friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Reciprocated?) Feelings for My Best Friend

I'm a female second-year university student, and over the past 1.5 years I've become very close with a male student in my dorm. We eat nearly every meal together (initiated by him), and have spent countless nights sharing our deepest secrets with one another. A few months ago, our interactions started feeling different, more romantic—he started touching my face and body more than is typical for friends to do, texting/calling me late at night for no real reason, and acting very possessive around other men. Perhaps it was because of this attention that I found myself infatuated with him, and my infatuation deepened as I spent even more time with him. Now I struggle to see him every day and hold all those feelings in, trying to pretend he's just another friend to me.

Neither of us have ever been in a relationship, and he has no experience with women. All of our mutual friends think he feels the same way I do but he's afraid to make a move, because he's never done this and he doesn't want to ruin our friendship.

I don't know if I can ever tell him, but I don't know if I can keep being close to him without really being close to him. What should I do? Tell him the truth, or try and separate myself from him?

responded to in your duplicate thread.
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
    X