Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend using innuendos toward Nephew?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend using innuendos toward Nephew?

First I would like to so hi, I'm new to the forum Hope I'm posting to the right place!

Right, the issue is, I don't know if I'm being petty about this or not. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years, we have a wonderful relationship and have never argued due to our ability to be honest with eachother . By now I have accepted and even share some of his family's lewd sense of humour . However one thing that makes me uncomfortable is my boyfriend's behaviour with his 15 year old nephew.

He often makes sexual innuendos TOWARDS him, and in front of me. But today he took it took it too far, and it made me not want to go near him. Like it makes me feel ill to touch him. I mentioned this to him and he apologised profusely and said it won't happen again. He even said he understands my disgust and that he understands that it may take me a while to want to be near him. No raised voices, which is good .

However I am still left with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. It just seems like disgusting behaviour to me. You just don't do stuff like that with your nephew. Am I being petty? Or is this a genuine concern? I still feel like I don't want to go near my boyfriend and just want to be back to how I've always loved and felt about him .

Any responses would be very much appreciated .

Thank you
    ​​​​​​Shambles

What to you mean? Is he being verbally sexual with him?
    Is your boyfriend bi-sexual?
    How old are you and your boyfriend?

Before I give you advice on how to get back to where you were with your boyfriend without wanting to vomit, I need to know exactly what has caused you to want to. Afterall, the advice may be to get away from him as soon as you can and never leave him and your nephew alone together!!!!
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

We can't tell you if you are being petty because we don't know what was said. So we can't help you.
      I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

Comment

Shambles Tell him to apologize profusely to his nephew AND his parents if he is truly sincere.

You should be concerned because if your boyfriend is sick in the mind, he could eventually do something criminal.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by Shambles View Post
          First I would like to so hi, I'm new to the forum Hope I'm posting to the right place!

Right, the issue is, I don't know if I'm being petty about this or not. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years, we have a wonderful relationship and have never argued due to our ability to be honest with eachother . By now I have accepted and even share some of his family's lewd sense of humour . However one thing that makes me uncomfortable is my boyfriend's behaviour with his 15 year old nephew.

He often makes sexual innuendos TOWARDS him, and in front of me. But today he took it took it too far, and it made me not want to go near him. Like it makes me feel ill to touch him. I mentioned this to him and he apologised profusely and said it won't happen again. He even said he understands my disgust and that he understands that it may take me a while to want to be near him. No raised voices, which is good .

However I am still left with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. It just seems like disgusting behaviour to me. You just don't do stuff like that with your nephew. Am I being petty? Or is this a genuine concern? I still feel like I don't want to go near my boyfriend and just want to be back to how I've always loved and felt about him .

Any responses would be very much appreciated .

Thank you
          ​​​​​​Shambles
          A sexual innuendo to you might actually be a normal comment towards a 15 year old boy entering adulthood.
          So no one can possibly comment on whether your partner behaved normally or whether you over reacted.
          What was the comment?

Comment

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
            Afterall, the advice may be to get away from him as soon as you can and never leave him and your nephew alone together!!!!
            I think it's his nephew, not her nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyBear View Post
              I think it's his nephew, not her nephew.
              I see, well then lets change that to read "the advice may be to leave your boyfriend and while you're at it, tell the boys parents about what you are concerned about. Still need more info about what the Op is so bent out of shape about (or is she? She's not come back)
              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Jeez, what was actually said op? And what was the nephews reaaction? It could've all just been said in a teasing manner and you took it literal.
                ​​​​
                Last edited by Dazed & Confused; December 30th, 2018, 07:26 PM.
                I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

Comment

Working...
                X