He's coming to my house tomorrow night! *freaking out*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's coming to my house tomorrow night! *freaking out*

Okay, so I have a HUGE crush on this one guy and I've had a crush on him for literally a decade now! I'm just 23 so I had a crush on him since I first met him in high school (he's 7 years older though so he was in college back thenl)

Anyway, we're both musicians and we're currently working on a concert, and, long story short, we're having a rehearsal at my place.

I KNOW I shouldn't freak out about this but it's 4am right now and I can't sleep! It's the first time he's actually coming inside my house even though we've known each other for a while now. He'd usually just drop me off outside whenever we run late during rehearsals.

I think I'm just reeeeally excited! And I don't want to mess anything up! It's not like it's gonna be just the two of us though. Haha But still...

I think I've just liked him for far too long now. And I don't know what he thinks about me. I don't even know if he even thinks about me. Lol And I heard he's seeing someone right now (although this news didn't come from him, directly). It's just that we'll be working with each other a lot for a while and I don't want to get my hopes up.

What do I do?

What do you do? You calm yourself down and start looking at this realistically instead of through your ga-ga eyes for him.

He is with someone else.
    He's never asked you out yet he's in your company often

Don't let him hang back after everyone goes because you're so vulnerable in your state of crush that you'll be stupid enough to let him make you his booty call.

He's with someone else.
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Hahaha I know right. Although I'm pretty sure he's never gonna make me his 'booty call' since he's an advocate of 'chastity' or waiting until marriage thing (seriously )
      Anyway, I'll make sure to not make any stupid mistake. But I also somehow become impulsive with the way I talk and what I say when I'm with him. It's CRAZY!

But, you're right. He might be dating someone else. And, for all I know, I could be just like a little sister to him (or an ever annoying high school kid from 10 years ago). I guess it just sucks that, for all these years, I never got to tell him that I like him... And he's never gonna see me as anything past the teenager he used to look after of from 10 years ago.

Comment

Do you agree with this no sex until marriage dogma?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Just be cool. Do you even like his music? What if he starts playing and you're thinking 'shiiiiiiiiiiiiet, you suck, bro'. Don't make a big deal out of it. He may be very different from what you think he is.

Comment

If I get to be with him, why not? (Lol jk)
            On a serious note, I actually admired him more because of that. And, yes, I think it's a good principle to hold on to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post
              Just be cool. Do you even like his music? What if he starts playing and you're thinking 'shiiiiiiiiiiiiet, you suck, bro'. Don't make a big deal out of it. He may be very different from what you think he is.
              HAHAHA I've heard him play tons of times now. And he's REEEALLY good (he even used to play internationally until he decided to take up master's degree for engineering).

Comment

Originally posted by Laine View Post
                If I get to be with him, why not? (Lol jk)
                On a serious note, I actually admired him more because of that. And, yes, I think it's a good principle to hold on to.
                Well, I guess we disagree on that then.

I actually think its good practice to bed the one you want to spend the rest of your life with before you marry in order to get any sexual incompatibility ironed out before you're tied to them foe EVVA.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I was just asking to see what you believe because there are men (and woman I suppose) that will wait for marriage to the one they want to marry but will get bizzy with those they don't want to marry. Not saying he's one of them, just saying.

Anyway, the best way to get over your crush is to get with a guy that actually wants to be your boyfriend and the feeling is mutual.

Cheers

Comment

Well, enjoy the day/eve of music then. I think thinking beyond that is setting yourself up for disappointment. There are 100 billion ways and counting a person will disappoint you and realistically, only a handful of ways they will actually demonstrate they're the real deal. I'm skeptical he's that hot. Just chill and let him come to you.

If he's attached, obviously think about the type of man who would go behind his gf's back. Don't be an airhead and engage in any shady shit. His religion has nothing to do with his character. I wouldn't read anything in to his no sex before marriage. So he doesn't have sex but he gets handjobs and bjs from all his groupies. Take it one step at a time. Hope you both have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post

Well, I guess we disagree on that then.

I actually think its good practice to bed the one you want to spend the rest of your life with before you marry in order to get any sexual incompatibility ironed out before you're tied to them foe EVVA.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I was just asking to see what you believe because there are men (and woman I suppose) that will wait for marriage to the one they want to marry but will get bizzy with those they don't want to marry. Not saying he's one of them, just saying.

Anyway, the best way to get over your crush is to get with a guy that actually wants to be your boyfriend and the feeling is mutual.

Cheers

haha that's a good perspective. I guess I haven't really thought about it like that before.

thanks for the advice, though!! I'll try.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post
                      Well, enjoy the day/eve of music then. I think thinking beyond that is setting yourself up for disappointment. There are 100 billion ways and counting a person will disappoint you and realistically, only a handful of ways they will actually demonstrate they're the real deal. I'm skeptical he's that hot. Just chill and let him come to you.
                      oh he's NOT that hot. Sure, his talent and achievements might seem cool and all, but he's totally awkward, too pure (that sometimes I feel judged. Lol), he's actually like a kid sometimes, and maybe just has average looks. Haha And I've known him for 10 years now. I know most of his bad sides as much as his good sides.

As for him, dating someone else, I just learned about it from someone recently and I don't have the courage to confirm it to him. It's not like I'll be able to hang out with just the two of us anytime soon so I'm not even sure if we have time to talk about that.

I didn't think this thread will revolve on the "sex or no sex" thing though. Haha

Comment

Laine Out of respect for his girlfriend, just remain friends. How about dinner or take out meal?
                        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Working...
                        X