Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Catch?

Deleted to avoid a sidetracked discussion
    Last edited by User12125; October 11th, 2018, 11:13 PM.

Maybe she doesn't want a boyfriend. Maybe she's happy being free to date a variety of guys.

Your plan sounds fine, but be prepared for rejection. She may not want to hang out with someone 3 years younger.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Deleted post
      Last edited by User12125; October 11th, 2018, 10:32 PM. Reason: Getting back to the main topic

Comment

Good God. You're going to talk to her about having a family after just meeting her?

Slow down. Pushy isn't the word for it. You're sounding way too needy and insecure, and that's not going to look attractive to any woman. Make her want to be with you by being interesting, funny, charming. You may end up hating her if you get to know her. Take it slowly.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
          Good God. You're going to talk to her about having a family after just meeting her?

Slow down. Pushy isn't the word for it. You're sounding way too needy and insecure, and that's not going to look attractive to any woman. Make her want to be with you by being interesting, funny, charming. You may end up hating her if you get to know her. Take it slowly.
          Not having a family... Find a partner... Not wanting a boyfriend is counterproductive is the point.
          More specifically, counterproductive to LIFE. Secluding yourself like that is just wasting away your time and for what? Being too busy isn't an excuse, because that contradicts their "end goal" in life, which is not whatever they're busy with. Call it scientific, if you will. Not wanting a relationship for some reason is going against humanity as well as what is unarguably what people live for.
          I'm not arguing that it's a good thing to say, that's why I asked, but I am saying that this point shouldn't be taken as a request to start a family. Saying that being needy is understandable, but what else do you do? Just back off and give up? Seems like a hard way to have your hopes crushed.

Another edit: I really don't think that sounds insecure, though, because that's the last thing I am.
          Last edited by User12125; October 11th, 2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

OMG as a girl...I find this post adorable and kind of stalker at the same time. Why are you planning counter arguments to a rejection already? You’ve made up a fantasy of her in your head. Put the p on a pedestal based on appearance alone. Get a grip. Come back to earth!!

Comment

Originally posted by doctordoctor View Post
              OMG as a girl...I find this post adorable and kind of stalker at the same time. Why are you planning counter arguments to a rejection already? You’ve made up a fantasy of her in your head. Put the p on a pedestal based on appearance alone. Get a grip. Come back to earth!!
              I mean, because I'm human is a very appropriate response... And from a biological standpoint, one can argue that appearance is at least 90% of the reason anyone finds someone to be a suitable partner. Sure, personality and intelligence among other things can be very important to someone, consciously... We evolved to be attracted to certain appearances because attractive people had better genetics. I know this because through our evolution, poor genetic lines would die. Because of this, we developed a system that prevents the spreading of poor genetics. If that wasn't the case, we would have no attraction to specific appearances. Pretty simple, actually.
              So yes, because I'm human. And it is also definitely natural to worry about being turned down, especially when it's with poor reasoning...
              I don't mean to be insulting, but whether or not you think I'm on earth, I'm not wrong. Again, it was just a question, it seemed like a questionable thing to say even to me, now after being told it looks bad I definitely won't say it, but it's a logical argument to make none the less. And I know that I might end up hating who she is on the inside, but I don't see that as a reason to slow down.

I don't want this conversation to divert too far so I am just going to delete that post so nobody else mentions it.

Comment

Working...
              X