relationship go forward or go home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relationship go forward or go home?

I've started seeing a guy I've worked with for a year. All with good intentions.
    But he's not really the person I thought I knew.

He's over 7 years younger than me and I didn't think it would be a problem, but it is.
    The thing is, he's very sweet and seems quite smitten. Always wants to be around me, which I guess is kind of a nice feeling for me. But he doesn't really have much of anything going off in his life.
    His only friend is a woman who seems to contact him a lot when we are together.
    He has a picture of the 2 of them in his bedroom and it sits really uncomfortable with me, but I haven't mentioned anything.

I think I'm hoping he might do some growing up, because he seems very irresponsible and childish, even for his age.
    He's not good with money, he's always late, hes very forgetful, he doesn't know how to communicate and there isn't a whole lot we gave in common.

Now and again though, he surprises me with some nice gesture or mentioning something.
    I can't help but feel it's more just about sex.
    Any comments he makes are steered towards this. And he never seems to touch me in a living way... It's always about wanting to end up getting his end away...
    Its still early days yet, and I've brought up briefly about the sex, but he says it's not just about sex...

I just don't know what to do.
    I'm not 100% happy. Although I'm not unhappy either.
    I know he's young, which means he's less experienced so I'm hoping staying patient and trying to help him might see some improvements... But how long is that meant to take?
    I don't wanna lead him on, but I don't wanna just give up if we could sort through some issues.
    I'm really at a loose end here.
    Will he grow up enough or does it seem I'm wasting my time?

mandymoo He's very immature and lacks emotional intelligence (EQ). He lacks empathy. Run away from those types of men. And, he's using you. You are being used and yes, you're wasting your time. Your relationship is going nowhere but downhill fast. Go home IMHO.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

If you arenít 100% happy within the honeymoon period then expect to be less so later on.

He has only one friend , a female who hangs out in his bedroom. ? Might be an innocent friendship but a bit weird at the same time.

Comment

How old are you? How old is he?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
        X