I don't understand this guy's intentions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand this guy's intentions

Okay, so 3 weeks ago I went on 2 great days with a guy I met on a dating app. We got along straight away and there was chemistry there, although nothing happened on the first date. A few days later we had another date and had a few drinks and ended up kissing and it felt great. Again we had loads to talk about and there was good physical chemistry. He ended up missing his last train home as we were out so late so I said he could stay at my house, however I made it clear I didn't want to have sex. His response was 'I'm not just trying to sleep with you, I really like you'. Anyway we ended up going back to my place and didn't have sex just kissed and cuddled until we went to sleep. He kept on saying that he was going to take me for dinner and he couldn't wait to see me again and really liked me.

The next morning he was really affectionate and took my hand in public and put in on my leg as we caught the train together. When it got to my stop he kissed me goodbye and the last thing he said was 'see you Monday' which was the day we arranged dinner. We message on and off for a few days in which time he said 'I can't wait to see you'. However it got to Sunday night and we hadn't arranged a plan for Monday, so I texted him asking if he wanted to meet up. He said he had some freelance work to do and suggested we did another that week Thursday, as he was on holiday Tuesday to Thursday afternoon which I agreed to.

Thursday still came around and no plan. Early evening I messaged him saying 'are we still on for tonight?' to which he responded immediately saying his flight had been delayed and he'd only just landed then started sending me pictures of his holiday and telling me what he'd been up to. This was two weeks ago and he left me on read. However, now he's been liking every single one of my instagram pictures and is watching all my insta stories. I'm not interested in pursuing the relationship further but I'd be interested to find out what people think he's actions mean and why he's still lurking on my social media.

Thanks

He's cooled off. He was in the moment with you but he's got other things going on. That makes him seem irresponsible and inconsistent. Sometimes when people travel or are abroad they become different people and lose touch with reality. You don't know him well enough. It's a disappointment and annoying to see him constantly pop up in your notifications. You might want to consider turning off all his notifications on your social media and hiding(preventing) his news feed from coming up on yours.

Comment

i would get away from the person to say it nicely he a right creep lmao, and will only get worse... good luck

Comment

emselouise11 He has no intentions whatsoever which is the problem.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

The fact that he didnt try to have sex or "fool around" with you while cuddling is confusing. When i was in his position where i connected and had chemistry with a girl and just ended up cuddling all night the girl seemed unique and special. Sex would follow the next date because at moment while cuddling both of us couldnt resist each other no matter what. For a guy (well most) to survive a whole night just cuddling takes a lot of will power and self control especially if he is attracted to a girl. So basically Rose Mosse is right. Maybe he just wanted to cuddle to relieve loniless or he did have plans to reconnect and continue seeing you but life got in then way. Heh im writing this bcuz im in a similar situation as you atm.

Comment

Im guessing hes on the rebound ?

Comment

I'm guessing that he has more then one option. I suggest you just go silent and keep looking for your own "more then one option." If he actually cares, he'll contact you and he'll actually make a date that he keeps. Don't have sex with him until you are certain you are the only one he is seeing. That will take you having the gurl ballzzz to ask him for exclusivity (far too many women are afraid of the answer, which of course means you know it already and just don't want to hear it) before you schtuup with him. If he cares, then he will agree. If he doesn't then his response will tell you all you need to know even if he doesn't come right out and say "no, I don't want exclusivity."
              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Hi. I am trying to figure how to add a post. Can someone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasika0102 View Post
                  Hi. I am trying to figure how to add a post. Can someone help?
                  Click on + new topic at the top of the sub forum page

Comment

Working...
                  X