Losing the ability to make her laugh after she admits she likes me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing the ability to make her laugh after she admits she likes me

So I've been talking to this girl who lives overseas from where I live, and at the beginning I was able to make her laugh pretty easily, but ever since she admitted she liked me, I've kind of lost the ability to make her laugh. Think it has something to do with t he fact that before she admitted she liked me I would put on a kind of cocky persona, as a joke, and that was the role I took in our relationship. However now that she has admitted she likes me, I feel that I've put my guard down and that I'm not really able to make her laugh as much any more since I'm struggling to go along with the initial persona that I put up. Any advice?

Originally posted by VeryTallMale View Post
    So I've been talking to this girl who lives overseas from where I live, and at the beginning I was able to make her laugh pretty easily, but ever since she admitted she liked me, I've kind of lost the ability to make her laugh. Think it has something to do with t he fact that before she admitted she liked me I would put on a kind of cocky persona, as a joke, and that was the role I took in our relationship. However now that she has admitted she likes me, I feel that I've put my guard down and that I'm not really able to make her laugh as much any more since I'm struggling to go along with the initial persona that I put up. Any advice?
    Thatís why you donít even entertain long distance chatting.
    Your persona was an online one , so is hers.
    You donít know her and she doesnít know you.

At the very least, you realise you portrayed yourself to be someone you arenít , so hopefully that will make you realise that who you think she is , is also a fake persona.

Stop with the fantasy and start living locally. Why are you not doing that???

Comment

Not a bad point bro, but this has happened previously with girls I knew in real life, so I don't think it's the long distance that is the root of the problem.

Comment

Not a bad point bro, but this has happened previously with girls I knew in real life, so I don't think it's the long distance that is the root of the problem.
        Maybe you should just be yourself from the beginning.

Comment

Thought about this as well. However, it seems to come naturally to me at the time, almost like I am being myself since I'm so comfortable in that persona.

Comment

However, it seems to come naturally to me at the time, almost like I am being myself since I'm so comfortable in that persona....

I'm struggling to go along with the initial persona that I put up
            Evidently you can only keep up this false persona for so long. So in future just be yourself, and then you won't have this problem.

Also, don't waste your time with women overseas. The success rate of those relationships is very small.
            Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Thought about this as well. However, it seems to come naturally to me at the time, almost like I am being myself since I'm so comfortable in that persona.
              It's obviously not working is it. Your'e projecting something that's not real & can't keep up the pretense. It's not worth it!

Comment

You are so comfortable in a fake persona but not in your own actual self?
                Why?

Comment

What did you respond with when she told you how she felt? I think your response has a lot to do with why she's no longer impressed with your "game."

BTW: Its sad that you're trying to impress someone that you'll likely never meet. Get off the computer and use your 'game' on chicks you can actually nurture a real relationship with.
                  Last edited by phasesofthemoon; August 6th, 2018, 05:19 PM.
                  "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

She hasn't told me anything - I just personally feel as if I struggle to be as funny as I used to be. And again, I think the root of the problem is not that I'm projecting a fake persona on purpose, it's more that in the moment my brain transitions to funny mode, and then after a while doesn't seem to be able to make this transition any more. Essentially, what I'm trying to ask is how to keep being able to make this transition into "funny mode", or prevent myself from doing it in the first place.
                    Also, to all those saying that it's a waste of time, I strongly disagree. If anything, it's a great use of time because it's good practice for talking to chicks in general. You don't have to be in person with someone to share ideas.
                    Appreciate all the feedback and the time & effort you have used to respond to me.
                    P.S. I'm not rebutting your responses, your advice is being considered. Just trying to get even more angles on the problem, cheers.

Comment

She hasn't told me anything - I just personally feel as if I struggle to be as funny as I used to be. And again, I think the root of the problem is not that I'm projecting a fake persona on purpose, it's more that in the moment my brain transitions to funny mode, and then after a while doesn't seem to be able to make this transition any more. Essentially, what I'm trying to ask is how to keep being able to make this transition into "funny mode", or prevent myself from doing it in the first place.
                      Also, to all those saying that it's a waste of time, I strongly disagree. If anything, it's a great use of time because it's good practice for talking to chicks in general. You don't have to be in person with someone to share ideas.
                      Appreciate all the feedback and the time & effort you have used to respond to me.
                      P.S. I'm not rebutting your responses, your advice is being considered. Just trying to get even more angles on the problem, cheers.
                      You strongly disagree with those saying you are wasting your time, based on what experience , statistics, success stories?

The reason why you fail to continue your fake persona , is because itís not you.
                      You have confidence behind a computer screen only and eventually that wears off.

This is NOT good practise because even the people you are talking to also have a fake persona.
                      It is all BS! And not anything like real life personal interaction.

Get off your computer and start living .
                      Otherwise in a few years , all your memories will be of random chicks (if they even are chicks) that you spoke to online.

Comment

You're kind of weird, bro. What's with the "persona" thing. Just be yourself and do what makes you happy. There's no need to worry whether a girl laughs or not. Maybe she doesn't laugh now and laughs later. So what. It's her face. She can do what she wants. Just be you. You keep thinking like you and doing like you.

Comment

Cheers for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. To all the people saying that I should get off the computer and start living, you're really missing the root of the problem - I have had this problem IN PERSON as well, so it's not just the fact that this particular interaction is over the internet that matters. Aside from that, I think the overall message is pretty clear - don't worry if she laughs or not, and be yourself. As simple as it sounds however, for people like me it can be hard to resist the urge to transform into someone who is funnier, and better. I hope this forum can serve as help for those in the future with this same problem, or problems like this.
                          Thanks again

Comment

Cheers for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. To all the people saying that I should get off the computer and start living, you're really missing the root of the problem - I have had this problem IN PERSON as well, so it's not just the fact that this particular interaction is over the internet that matters. Aside from that, I think the overall message is pretty clear - don't worry if she laughs or not, and be yourself. As simple as it sounds however, for people like me it can be hard to resist the urge to transform into someone who is funnier, and better. I hope this forum can serve as help for those in the future with this same problem, or problems like this.
                            Thanks again
                            We get that your fake persona is online and offline.
                            But you will NOT gain confidence by being online. So get off!!!
                            Hard to resist the urge to be funnier and better than you????
                            Have you ever thought that a girl might prefer the REAL you over the fake you???
                            Just be yourself and get off the freaking computer!!!!

Comment

Thanks again
                              Just chillax, man. You're so worried over other people I think you really are confused about yourself. Sometimes it's a good thing if someone doesn't like you. They'll get out of your way and it's less of a waste of time explaining how much you don't get along. I think you want women to like you too much and are focusing on the wrong things. Keep resisting that urge and keep your head up.
                              Last edited by Rose Mosse; August 9th, 2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X