Do guys give their social security number to every girl they date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do guys give their social security number to every girl they date

I saw a post on Facebook saying “How many girls can say they have their boyfriends social security number.” And so many girls reposted and said that they did. They must really trust and love their girlfriends. One girl said she only been with her boyfriend for 8 months and she has it but I guess it’s nothing wrong with that if you really trust her right?

If you give your ss number to anyone other than your spouse, you're an idiot.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I suppose that's something specific to the US, right?

Comment

Why? You literally use your social security number about once a year. I doubt many people could even remember their spouses number unless they’ve been married for years. Doesn’t make much sense to me. I suppose I’ve probably got various junk mail laying around with my ex’s social security number. But who cares?

Comment

My question is WHY would you even want to have his social security number? I've been married 40+ years and don't know my husbands SIN number. I could look on an old tax return if I wanted but I don't wanna.
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I wouldn't even know mine until I frantically need it ??!

Is this the latest insecure teenage thing?

Comment

I find it a little bizarre . I only know my ex wife’s SS# because I handled all the finances , and we pooled our all our money together , but we where together for over 20 years .

I don’t see a reason for it when in the beginning stages of a relationship, to me less then 5 years your still in the beginning stages , even if your married .
              Maybe it’s a new thing, I am going to put my SS# on my online dating profiles , maybe I’ll get more women to talk with me ! Lol !
              It’s time to let go , you have to sacrifice the life you have for the life you want !

Comment

I do not see the reason for that. If a girlfriend wanted me to do that to show how much I love and trust her, I would remind her that most couples break up and until she put a ring on it, my digits are private.

Comment

I don't know anyone's SS # except my own and I was married. I am sure if I asked he would have given it to me, but why would you expect that in a casual relationship?

Comment

Working...
                  X