Left on read...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left on read...

What’s the deal with women and texting? I realize everyone is different and there’s no specific set of rules, but how quickly you respond to a text and the amount of energy put into the text “ok, sounds good” definitely coresponds to the persons level of interest. Me and my male friends take forever to respond to texts, or not at all. Or other times if we’re meeting up we text back and forth promptly. But this same dynamic doesn’t apply in the context of dating. Breadcrumbs, the slow fade, the dreaded “left on read”. Perhaps I read too much into it, but it certainly seems like a game where you’re supposed to show your indifference by waiting for 12 hours to send a text, but it seems like bullshit to me.

You could always do something dramatic like call her.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Maybe she's bizzzy with some douche she met when not with you?
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
        Maybe she's bizzzy with some douche she met when not with you?
        Yeah that’s what it was lol.

Comment

deadelvis Not everyone is into blowing up each others phones with 24/7 texts. If you're not into heavy texting with others, tell them so. Be honest so you won't offend. I'm the same way. I'll text once in a while but not constantly and I let family and friends know this in advance. We text each infrequently, call each other and see one another at random. This way, those around me are not high-maintenance people.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by deadelvis View Post
            What’s the deal with women and texting? I realize everyone is different and there’s no specific set of rules, but how quickly you respond to a text and the amount of energy put into the text “ok, sounds good” definitely coresponds to the persons level of interest. Me and my male friends take forever to respond to texts, or not at all. Or other times if we’re meeting up we text back and forth promptly. But this same dynamic doesn’t apply in the context of dating. Breadcrumbs, the slow fade, the dreaded “left on read”. Perhaps I read too much into it, but it certainly seems like a game where you’re supposed to show your indifference by waiting for 12 hours to send a text, but it seems like bullshit to me.
            Are you talking about the girl you gave your pass code to your phone to??
            If yes, I suggest changing your banking , email passwords etc.

Texting when dating is not a great idea. Things said can be misconstrued because you don't know each other , sense of humour is lost etc. Stick to phone calls.
            In future when a potential texts early days , reply with a call not text.

Also in early stages of dating , why are you checking to see if they have read your message or not?
            I'm sure you don't do that with family and friends.
            Personally I do take longer to reply to a new person in my life, because I don't want to send a quick reply on my lunch break or when I'm busy as it can come across a bit dismissive. To friends and family , that's fine as they know you.

Comment

Working...
            X