Made a big mistake, what to do next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a big mistake, what to do next

Ok, going out with great girl for 6 months, see each other a couple times a week, been on holiday together, sometimes discuss the future but for some reason this girl does not want to be my girlfriend.
    So the other night after a great evening teaching her how to play and letting her win at Monopoly, I got a little pushy and forced the issue by asking her to be my girlfriend, she said no, ‘cant we just try take it one day at a time and live in the moment’ (modern dating really does my head in). I think she has been hurt in the past, I should add she is a lot younger than me, I’m 35 she is 20, age gap has never been an issue, we click both intellectually and physically.
    Anyway after she rejected me, I got a little angry and decided to break it off with her, I then got super drunk and sent some really stupid text messages, Nothing nasty just bit needy and weak, I didnot come me off as the strong and stable type.
    I felt shit the next day, text her to apologise and ask if she could forget it ever happened, that was 2 days ago.
    Since then she’s gone silent, what can I do, do I chase her turn up at work or home and beg forgiveness, or do I just hop she comes around?? Or leave her alone and hope she comes round

jd82 Leave her alone and hope she comes around. That ship has sailed. Unfortunately, once people lose trust in certain behaviors, the relationship doesn't feel rewarding anymore so she's thinking why put forth the effort to continue? Her spirit died. Enthusiasm to nurture, cultivate and maintain the previous relationship is no more. Even though my story isn't the same as yours the sentiment is the same. Something inside one's soul goes dead. No one wishes to risk the perpetrator's same repeated behavior in the future. They don't take chances and risks. She moved on as should you.

In the future, date a woman closer to your age bracket because you'll have more in common. Even though the age difference isn't an issue now, as you get older, the age gap will be more noticeable in the relationship while the woman is so young and you are much older. Often times, this proves to become problematic. There are different stages in life and when the age gap widens over the years, often times the couple starts drifting apart due to different interests, health issues, sometimes children, etc.

Also, take it slower. If a woman wishes to establish a great friendship first, be patient. Not every woman wants to become a girlfriend if they're not ready.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Agree with Chanelle. If your flavour is already needy, don't do the needy thing again and chase her or stalk her at her work or home. Also, no means no. She's not into you! There's something about you that's weird, creepy, not her taste or off. Take the hint.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, confirm what I suspected, deploy the no contact rule and hope she is the person I think she is. As regards dating someone my own age, Iíd rather not as theyíre all sad desparate woman with their best years behind them, alright for a pump and dump but past their sell by date and used goods when it comes to anything more. If this girl doesnít come round I will carry on hitting on and screwing woman in the first flushes of youth until my dick donít work no more, thank you both very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jd82 View Post
          Thanks for the advice, confirm what I suspected, deploy the no contact rule and hope she is the person I think she is. As regards dating someone my own age, Iíd rather not as theyíre all sad desparate woman with their best years behind them, alright for a pump and dump but past their sell by date and used goods when it comes to anything more. If this girl doesnít come round I will carry on hitting on and screwing woman in the first flushes of youth until my dick donít work no more, thank you both very much.
          Wow.

Just... wow.

Thank god this young woman didn't want to be your girlfriend.

What a shit attitude you have.

Comment

am529 you misunderstand me, I wasnít talking about the young girl who is still young and beautiful, I was talking about older woman who lost their looks having spent their twenties sleeping with lots of guys instead of finding a good man to be their husband, and then look to settle down with a nice guy when their looks have faded. My attitude is exactly right on this and only losers who canít attract younger, prettier girls would settle for someone over 30 with a thousand cock stare. Hope thatís cleared it up for you.

Comment

No, no. I understood your shitty attitude completely.

Comment

Originally posted by jd82 View Post
                am529 you misunderstand me, I wasnít talking about the young girl who is still young and beautiful, I was talking about older woman who lost their looks having spent their twenties sleeping with lots of guys instead of finding a good man to be their husband, and then look to settle down with a nice guy when their looks have faded. My attitude is exactly right on this and only losers who canít attract younger, prettier girls would settle for someone over 30 with a thousand cock stare. Hope thatís cleared it up for you.
                What a lucky escape the young lady had. Your'e a tosser!

Comment

I think she won monopoly fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                  X