Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I just trying to recover?

24/M
    So I was madly in love with this one girl for almost 2 years and she kept playing games with me, till I finally had the courage to tell her to fuck off, I had posted smth about it here before, check my profile to get the full insight. Anyways I managed to tell the girl that I really loved and probably still do to fuck off and I have had almost no contact with her for over 4 months.

Few weeks ago this girl who I never met before but she is a friend of a friend contacted me and basically asked me out, she is very nice and cute and I reallly like her, she broken up with her boyfriend 6 months ago. Anyways she is a little bit intense she has been showing so much affection at the beginning which I am not used to and was telling me about going away on a trip together just on the second date. On the 4th date she told me that she loves me!! but she apologized right away for saying that, we laughed about it and I basically assured her that itís fine. I just think she is moving too fast, I am taking it slow for my part but basically I have no control over what she says, she is talking about the difference of religion that we have and she is ok with it, I can swear that she already named our kids.
    Donít get me wrong It is amazing to feel that someone is that interested in you, but I am still not sure about how i feel towards her, if I only like her because she is so nice to me or because I just feel the need to have someone to recover.. I just donít want to hurt her and I donít want to feel the need to get into smth serious too fast just because she is pushy.

We already had 5 dates and sex once.
    ps: she already knew everything about before our first date from my friend

The most important thing is to remain honest. Tell her exactly what you've written here, that you don't want to move quickly and you need to take your time to establish whether or not you are ultimately compatible. Don't allow her to start talking ANYTHING of a future before the six month mark.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Yep, honesty is the best policy. If after your discussion she doesn't chillax then you'll have to be the one who backs off a bit so she understands.
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Originally posted by orzechb View Post
        24/M
        So I was madly in love with this one girl for almost 2 years and she kept playing games with me, till I finally had the courage to tell her to fuck off, I had posted smth about it here before, check my profile to get the full insight. Anyways I managed to tell the girl that I really loved and probably still do to fuck off and I have had almost no contact with her for over 4 months.

Few weeks ago this girl who I never met before but she is a friend of a friend contacted me and basically asked me out, she is very nice and cute and I reallly like her, she broken up with her boyfriend 6 months ago. Anyways she is a little bit intense she has been showing so much affection at the beginning which I am not used to and was telling me about going away on a trip together just on the second date. On the 4th date she told me that she loves me!! but she apologized right away for saying that, we laughed about it and I basically assured her that itís fine. I just think she is moving too fast, I am taking it slow for my part but basically I have no control over what she says, she is talking about the difference of religion that we have and she is ok with it, I can swear that she already named our kids.
        Donít get me wrong It is amazing to feel that someone is that interested in you, but I am still not sure about how i feel towards her, if I only like her because she is so nice to me or because I just feel the need to have someone to recover.. I just donít want to hurt her and I donít want to feel the need to get into smth serious too fast just because she is pushy.

Don't continue your relationship with her if she's wasting her time, energy and resources on you and vice versa. Tell the truth regarding exactly how you feel and split amicably. She says religion doesn't matter. Yes it does. If you're not evenly yoked regarding her / your faith or lack thereof, it spells trouble later and you're incompatible. Do both of yourselves a favor and talk it out before continuing to engage in a confusing, complex relationship.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by orzechb View Post
          24/M

What exactly does she know about you? What's "everything"? That's a little creepy and stupid of your friend to do, to be honest. Next time you agree to meet a friend of a friend, warn them that you'd like to get to know the person on your own without too much information being blabbered. That's pure indiscretion and puts you in a disadvantageous situation.

I don't think you're compatible and she's showing red flags. If you enjoy her company, then enjoy her company and be honest but you're not her parent or guardian and her happiness is not your responsibility. If you feel she is that intense and you find yourself fearing her reactions or any controlling or manipulative behaviour, check out of the relationship and don't look back.

Comment

I mean by knows everything, is where I grew up, where I lived, work, studies, family...etc Stuff u usually find out during the first few dates. She still asks me about stuff but I could tell easily that she already knows the answers. Yes I do enjoy her company alot. And about religion she is catholic just by name and I am muslim by name only also. Both of us are not practicing any religion really!

Comment

Working...
            X