Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My crush parked her car in a different spot. Am I overreacting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crush parked her car in a different spot. Am I overreacting?

There's this girl at work that I like and I know she likes me as well. Her friends have told me that she likes me and I can tell based off of how she acts around me.

In our employee parking lot, she arrives at work before me and always parks in the same spot, one right next to my preferred spot. I'd always park right next to her car. But today when I got to work, she had parked one spot over from her usual spot to where when I park my car, hers is no longer directly next to mine. It's one spot over and now there's an empty spot between our two cars.

Is she avoiding me? She still comes across as the same when we're actually in person and working together, but I'm thinking that she doesn't like me anymore and now she's trying to avoid our cars being next to each other. Like, she parked one spot over because she doesn't want me parking next to her anymore. What do you think?

Originally posted by tretre View Post
    There's this girl at work that I like and I know she likes me as well. Her friends have told me that she likes me and I can tell based off of how she acts around me.

In our employee parking lot, she arrives at work before me and always parks in the same spot, one right next to my preferred spot. I'd always park right next to her car. But today when I got to work, she had parked one spot over from her usual spot to where when I park my car, hers is no longer directly next to mine. It's one spot over and now there's an empty spot between our two cars.

Is she avoiding me? She still comes across as the same when we're actually in person and working together, but I'm thinking that she doesn't like me anymore and now she's trying to avoid our cars being next to each other. Like, she parked one spot over because she doesn't want me parking next to her anymore. What do you think?
    Are you a bad parker? And what kind of vehicle do you drive? If you have a two-door maybe your car door is not at a good angle and if you're not a careful person in general she may not want to get dinged. She may also think you're a bit too obsessed with her and she likes her space. Do you ever look in her windows and check out what she's got inside? She may feel that you're a bit over the top. Stop focusing on this kind of thing because it makes you sound like you're nuts. If the chemistry is real and not in your head, this wouldn't matter. Try to relax and be friendly and get to know her more. Don't bring up the parking thing until you get to know each other better. Let it go. This is too small of a matter and you both aren't even a thing yet. You'll just come off as weird.

Comment

Maybe she's parking out of ding territory.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Iím so happy to know that there are other men out there who are equally as neurotic as me !

This is not an insult just an observation, as I would think the same thing.

You do know this way of thinking is very illogical, right ?

I do do understand where you are coming from .

Perhaps itís a subconscious metaphor ?

If you donít take the next step ( asking her out ) she will pull away thinking maybe you are not interested.
        Or she is subconsciously telling you to back up a little, put some space ( just a parking spot ) in between your enthusiasm for her .

Also , if your thoughts are going to this type of rational maybe you should look at yourself a little deeper , maybe you are acting to needy or trying way to hard with her . Do you do things throughout the day that are a little over the top , like bring her a coffee every morning, buy her lunch , go out of your way to talk to her ? Perhaps itís your insecurity or ego that is making you think this way ?

while this kind of reaction could have a positive effect , it could also be a sign that you are a little codependent , and while this may work with another person who narcissistic or just as codependent as you it could be very harmful long term .

Putting that aside , laugh to yourself about this type of behavior and move on from it , Iím sure it didnít even cross her mind at all . She may very well not care about where she parks .

Continue with the flirting and enjoy it for what it is , and ask her out when you feel itís the righ time .

Do you gave contact with her outside of work (?Texting , messaging etc..) ?
        It’s time to let go , you have to sacrifice the life you have for the life you want !

Comment

My guess is that her parking habits have nothing to do with you, even though you would love to see them as having significance.
          "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Are you kidding?

Work place romances are difficult enough stop discussing your crush with other work friends. This isn't middle school.

If you want to progress in this relationship ask out for a drink after work.

Comment

Working...
            X