Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's very confusing and undecided

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • She's very confusing and undecided

    It's really not as long as you think it is. Please just take 10 minutes to read this, I'm in desperate need of help, and the story itself is pretty interesting, I guess.

    So I met this girl on a social media site, NOT a dating site. I looked through her pictures and thought she was very cute, so I hit her up and to my surprise she thought I was cute too. Our conversation from the beginning was lit up and full of life. We connected so easily, and at the end of the night we exchanged numbers. Now, this girl is seriously busy with her education, she always has tests and exams (she's only in high school), so our talking time on the phone is minimal. But whenever we did talk, it was for hours, sometimes up to 4. I've still only known her for a month, but I think that our bond is very strong, well, I don't know about that anymore. But as the weeks went by, our conversations through text started to get kind of boring and contained lots of dead replies. Our phone calls were always rare, but they happened about once a week, and it was mostly just on Saturdays. Now it's been about 2 weeks since we talked on the phone. Also about 2 weeks ago, she was kind of hinting at me through text that she's really busy with education and probably won't be able to hang out very much, besides on her birthday party, which we did, but I'll get into that in a bit. So as she hinted at me, I couldn't bare to hold it in any longer, and I asked her if she saw us being more than just friends in the future. That's when everything changed, her education didn't matter anymore, and she told me the "real" reason she was having a hard time starting a relationship. I won't get into the details but she used to be in a very serious, but abusive one. So I completely understood how she felt, and I was absolutely okay with giving her space. I kind of hinted at her that I was no longer interested in talking, and she kind of didn't want me to leave. She then said she can't wait to get to know me better and talk on the phone next time. The next day she said she thought about it and thinks she should be more open to starting something new. I thought that was great because that meant I was headed in the right direction. But a few days after that, the conversations became dead again, like she wasn't interested in having deep ones with me anymore. And our last phone call lasted about an hour and a half after that. So anyway her birthday party approached (it was actually 2 days ago on Saturday), and she said to me that I can bring a friend along since I wouldn't know anyone there besides her so it wouldn't be weird. So I brought my best friend of 10 years along, and I was EXTREMELY nervous. We bought a bottle of alcohol and I pre-drank just to calm my nerves down. We then came to her house and knocked on the door, she opened it, gave us both a hug, and I gave her an envelope with a birthday card which contained a massive paragraph of me pouring my heart out to her, along with a $100 bill.

    She put the envelope aside and we went downstairs and did our thing. We started with the usual party games like beer pong, etc. At that point I had drank quite a bit and was a little more than tipsy, but still not bad. So we went in her backyard and started a fire, I kept drinking without even thinking. Just a sip here, a sip there. I still haven't said much to her, but it was kind of hard because everyone was talking to everyone and I just didn't even really know what to say (there was about 8 people at her party). Her mother came to check on us and sat next to me and we talked a little bit, I guess I gave her a decent impression (which I completely mess up later), but I don't know if the girl I like said anything about me to her mom before that. Did I mention that I kept drinking? Well, after about an hour of hanging outside, we went back inside and for some stupid reason I didn't realize how drunk I was, so I STILL kept drinking. Me and two other people were laughing and trying to test our balance, and I freaking fell on the ground in front of everyone, then quickly got back up. I said to myself "oh my god, I'm way too drunk". So I stumbled to the couch next to my friend and he said I need to stop drinking and control myself. He was VERY right, because I made a complete fool out of myself the rest of the night. I don't remember everything, but my friend told me that when we went upstairs to cut the cake, the girl I like poured everyone a glass of juice, including me, and right after that I said I was thirsty and would like some milk, and she said there's juice right there in front of me, and I was like "ohh yeah haha", and everyone, including her laughed AT me, and then she rolled her eyes and said something like "oh my god, this is really..", and then she stopped what she was going to say. I don't remember that happening but I feel like such a complete moron.

    This part I remember: I then had to go to the bathroom to pee, so she and her mom lead me upstairs, and there was some metal thing on top of the door that held bath robes or whatever, and the door wouldn't close because it was in the way for some reason. They were trying to move it or something, but I stupidly said "it's okay I got this", so I lifted it up, not realizing it would fall, and it FELL, made a very loud noise, which everyone in the basement heard, and the girl said "oh, my god! That could wake up dad!". She and her mom's eyes were so wide when that happened and the look on their faces was mortifying. I apologized so much and they said it's okay, so I closed the door, and went pee. My friend later told me that she went downstairs and told everyone that I'm p*ss drunk and just knocked something over. After I was done I went downstairs and everyone was just sitting and not really doing anything. Apparently she looked at my friend and said he looks bored and isn't really enjoying it. So like an hour later she said maybe we should go. My friend had work the next morning but I didn't so I said I can stay, but she, along with her mom insisted that we go. We took the bus there, but her mom offered to drive us home, so she did. And she seemed fine and was just having a normal conversation with us. She then dropped us off and that was pretty much it for the night. But the next day when I woke up, I told her how incredibly sorry I was for everything and acting like an idiot. She insisted that it's okay and everyone was drinking, nobody did anything weird, and not to overthink it. So I kind of brushed that off, but I was still scared she didn't like me after that, so I texted her a paragraph about how the moment I saw her face in person, I fell in LOVE. She was so beautiful, and if that wasn't true love at first sight, I don't know what is. She then told me that maybe it was too early to say so much, and I apologized and said that I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable with that.

    Later that day I told her that we didn't really have a good chance to get to know each other at the party because everyone was getting in the way, so I asked if she would like to meet one on one and go for a walk in the park behind her house. She told me that next weekend she can't because of grad, and the weekend after that she has more exams, and she needs to catch up with studies because of her grad. It's a huge mess, but she said she'll let me know. Then I replied with "hmm okay", and she told me she *swears* she'll let me know as soon as she's free because it's gonna be a crazy few weeks. That was pretty much it, but since the party, she apparently still hasn't opened my envelope, I asked her in the morning today, and she said she'll do it tonight, which I don't believe. I'm positive she's already opened it and probably rolled her eyes, threw away the card and spent the money.

    I know this was long, but I feel like the party details were important because that's what determined how she felt about me, and maybe you guys can give me your best opinions based on that. She's been open with me in the past and told me about how there were guys that liked her but she didn't like them back, but couldn't tell them no because she's not the type. She's too "nice". I'm just afraid that she's doing the same to me.

    My friend is telling me that I messed up real bad and I should just move on. I CAN'T. I'm so insecure, and she probably knows that which could be part of the reason she doesn't like me. What do I do? I need help, my depression and anxiety are killing me and I had to skip work today because I'd be too slow. Do I stop texting her and let her go out of my life, or do I wait on her, hoping that she gives me another chance to meet up. What if she doesn't text me all day or tonight about the birthday card? Do I just not mention it anymore? That's the 2nd or 3rd time I asked if she opened it. Please help me, she is the girl of my dreams and I don't know why but I'm seriously in love with her and my feelings for her are so deep. I hate life right now, and if I can't get her to be mine, then I will probably break down to my knees, quit my job, and curl up in a ball in my room for months. I'm just naturally a soft guy, it sucks, and I care too much. I really need help, please. I don't want to lose her!
    Last edited by EternalDarkness; May 14th, 2018, 12:42 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by EternalDarkness View Post

    My friend is telling me that I messed up real bad and I should just move on. I CAN'T. I'm so insecure, and she probably knows that which could be part of the reason she doesn't like me. What do I do? I need help, my depression and anxiety are killing me and I had to skip work today because I'd be too slow. Do I stop texting her and let her go out of my life, or do I wait on her, hoping that she gives me another chance to meet up. What if she doesn't text me all day or tonight about the birthday card? Do I just not mention it anymore? That's the 2nd or 3rd time I asked if she opened it. Please help me, she is the girl of my dreams and I don't know why but I'm seriously in love with her and my feelings for her are so deep. I hate life right now, and if I can't get her to be mine, then I will probably break down to my knees, quit my job, and curl up in a ball in my room for months. I'm just naturally a soft guy, it sucks, and I care too much. I really need help, please. I don't want to lose her!
    This is very unhealthy. Please pull yourself together and stop behaving like an addict or junkie. You barely know this girl and you've given her an excess of money and made a fool of yourself. May I ask how old are you? She's probably 17-18 from your mentioning her grad. If I was her mother, I'd be horrified if I knew my teenage daughter had anything to do with you. If you have depression and anxiety, speak to a professional and get that in check. Don't prey on teenagers. Your expectations for this encounter and out of line and you're behaving erratically and irrationally. Take care of yourself and please stop harassing this young girl.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post

      This is very unhealthy. Please pull yourself together and stop behaving like an addict or junkie. You barely know this girl and you've given her an excess of money and made a fool of yourself. May I ask how old are you? She's probably 17-18 from your mentioning her grad. If I was her mother, I'd be horrified if I knew my teenage daughter had anything to do with you. If you have depression and anxiety, speak to a professional and get that in check. Don't prey on teenagers. Your expectations for this encounter and out of line and you're behaving erratically and irrationally. Take care of yourself and please stop harassing this young girl.
      I'm 21 and she just turned 18. Are you seriously telling me to just stop talking to her? My love for her is harassment? What has this world come to. I'm not preying on anybody, she's in full control of herself and we are both of legal age. Thanks for making me feel a million times worse.

      Comment


      • #4
        Do I seriously just stop talking to her and "ghost" her without even saying goodbye or anything!? Not even an explanation or apology? What if she eventually texts me back? Do I ignore her and move on? Has she friend-zoned me? What do I do?? The first person's response was absolutely no help.

        Comment


        • #5
          Roses' response was spot on. The problem is that she didn't tell you to keep being a thorn in this poor girls' side or that you didn't blow your chances.
          This forum is not about telling people what they want to hear. You came here for advice, and we're going to give it to you. Whether you choose to take it under consideration, is entirely up to you.

          You made a shitty 1st impression with this girl, at above all things, HER BIRTHDAY PARTY.

          Back off and let her come to you, if you haven't entirely blown things with her.
          If you don't hear from her again, that's your cue to leave her alone.
          The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

          Comment


          • #6
            And FYI

            You're HARDLY in love with her.
            Obsessed, yes, in love, no.
            The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pistol View Post
              Roses' response was spot on. The problem is that she didn't tell you to keep being a thorn in this poor girls' side or that you didn't blow your chances.
              This forum is not about telling people what they want to hear. You came here for advice, and we're going to give it to you. Whether you choose to take it under consideration, is entirely up to you.

              You made a shitty 1st impression with this girl, at above all things, HER BIRTHDAY PARTY.

              Back off and let her come to you, if you haven't entirely blown things with her.
              If you don't hear from her again, that's your cue to leave her alone.

              And FYI

              You're HARDLY in love with her.
              Obsessed, yes, in love, no.
              I guess you're right. Thank you for putting some sense into me. I will let her be and just watch time unfold my future. Although it's going to be full of hardship and pain.

              Comment


              • #8
                If she texts you, by all means, respond to her. However:

                DON'T become needy
                DON'T try and keep the conversation going longer than it needs to
                DON'T apologize any more than you have

                BE present and laid back
                BE aware of her cues
                BE what you should have been the night of her party


                This girl does not define you, EternalDarkness .

                Don't invest more into someone than they do in you.
                Your conduct is not inexcusable, but most definitely a learning lesson......learn from it
                The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pistol View Post
                  If she texts you, by all means, respond to her. However:

                  DON'T become needy
                  DON'T try and keep the conversation going longer than it needs to
                  DON'T apologize any more than you have

                  BE present and laid back
                  BE aware of her cues
                  BE what you should have been the night of her party


                  This girl does not define you, EternalDarkness .

                  Don't invest more into someone than they do in you.
                  Your conduct is not inexcusable, but most definitely a learning lesson......learn from it
                  Got it. Thank you so much for your help. You're an amazing person. And I thank Rose too. I'm sorry for reacting that way, both of you gave me good advice.
                  Last edited by EternalDarkness; May 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You didn't know this girl existed 4 weeks ago and now you are missing work because of her?
                    Can't you see how messed up that sounds?

                    You have reeked of desperation so please pull yourself together and realise that you don't even know this girl!
                    And to be honest she's flaky , you only spoke to her over a 2 week period. You gave an over the top amount of money to someone you met for the first time. A box of chocolates would have been suffice. She was silly to arrange to meet someone for the first time at her mother's house and her birthday. She was rude not to acknowledge the card and money. Of course she opened it! Please don't ask her again .

                    She has said she will get in touch. Don't contact her first.

                    Forget about the drunken party. That's only a small part of where you messed up. What's worse is the exaggerated way you have pursued her. And sorry but the pathetic overly apologetic way you have behaved since.

                    If she does contact you, do not mention the card, money, party , anything. No more apologies and make sure you have done some interesting activities by the time she has contacted you so you actually might sound appealing to her, rather than tell her you've been a depressed mope skipping work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post
                      You didn't know this girl existed 4 weeks ago and now you are missing work because of her?
                      Can't you see how messed up that sounds?

                      You have reeked of desperation so please pull yourself together and realise that you don't even know this girl!
                      And to be honest she's flaky , you only spoke to her over a 2 week period. You gave an over the top amount of money to someone you met for the first time. A box of chocolates would have been suffice. She was silly to arrange to meet someone for the first time at her mother's house and her birthday. She was rude not to acknowledge the card and money. Of course she opened it! Please don't ask her again .

                      She has said she will get in touch. Don't contact her first.

                      Forget about the drunken party. That's only a small part of where you messed up. What's worse is the exaggerated way you have pursued her. And sorry but the pathetic overly apologetic way you have behaved since.

                      If she does contact you, do not mention the card, money, party , anything. No more apologies and make sure you have done some interesting activities by the time she has contacted you so you actually might sound appealing to her, rather than tell her you've been a depressed mope skipping work.
                      I will certainly keep that in mind too. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EternalDarkness View Post
                        It's really not as long as you think it is. Please just take 10 minutes to read this, I'm in desperate need of help, and the story itself is pretty interesting, I guess.

                        So I met this girl on a social media site, NOT a dating site. I looked through her pictures and thought she was very cute, so I hit her up and to my surprise she thought I was cute too. Our conversation from the beginning was lit up and full of life. We connected so easily, and at the end of the night we exchanged numbers. Now, this girl is seriously busy with her education, she always has tests and exams (she's only in high school), so our talking time on the phone is minimal. But whenever we did talk, it was for hours, sometimes up to 4. I've still only known her for a month, but I think that our bond is very strong, well, I don't know about that anymore. But as the weeks went by, our conversations through text started to get kind of boring and contained lots of dead replies. Our phone calls were always rare, but they happened about once a week, and it was mostly just on Saturdays. Now it's been about 2 weeks since we talked on the phone. Also about 2 weeks ago, she was kind of hinting at me through text that she's really busy with education and probably won't be able to hang out very much, besides on her birthday party, which we did, but I'll get into that in a bit. So as she hinted at me, I couldn't bare to hold it in any longer, and I asked her if she saw us being more than just friends in the future. That's when everything changed, her education didn't matter anymore, and she told me the "real" reason she was having a hard time starting a relationship. I won't get into the details but she used to be in a very serious, but abusive one. So I completely understood how she felt, and I was absolutely okay with giving her space. I kind of hinted at her that I was no longer interested in talking, and she kind of didn't want me to leave. She then said she can't wait to get to know me better and talk on the phone next time. The next day she said she thought about it and thinks she should be more open to starting something new. I thought that was great because that meant I was headed in the right direction. But a few days after that, the conversations became dead again, like she wasn't interested in having deep ones with me anymore. And our last phone call lasted about an hour and a half after that. So anyway her birthday party approached (it was actually 2 days ago on Saturday), and she said to me that I can bring a friend along since I wouldn't know anyone there besides her so it wouldn't be weird. So I brought my best friend of 10 years along, and I was EXTREMELY nervous. We bought a bottle of alcohol and I pre-drank just to calm my nerves down. We then came to her house and knocked on the door, she opened it, gave us both a hug, and I gave her an envelope with a birthday card which contained a massive paragraph of me pouring my heart out to her, along with a $100 bill.

                        She put the envelope aside and we went downstairs and did our thing. We started with the usual party games like beer pong, etc. At that point I had drank quite a bit and was a little more than tipsy, but still not bad. So we went in her backyard and started a fire, I kept drinking without even thinking. Just a sip here, a sip there. I still haven't said much to her, but it was kind of hard because everyone was talking to everyone and I just didn't even really know what to say (there was about 8 people at her party). Her mother came to check on us and sat next to me and we talked a little bit, I guess I gave her a decent impression (which I completely mess up later), but I don't know if the girl I like said anything about me to her mom before that. Did I mention that I kept drinking? Well, after about an hour of hanging outside, we went back inside and for some stupid reason I didn't realize how drunk I was, so I STILL kept drinking. Me and two other people were laughing and trying to test our balance, and I freaking fell on the ground in front of everyone, then quickly got back up. I said to myself "oh my god, I'm way too drunk". So I stumbled to the couch next to my friend and he said I need to stop drinking and control myself. He was VERY right, because I made a complete fool out of myself the rest of the night. I don't remember everything, but my friend told me that when we went upstairs to cut the cake, the girl I like poured everyone a glass of juice, including me, and right after that I said I was thirsty and would like some milk, and she said there's juice right there in front of me, and I was like "ohh yeah haha", and everyone, including her laughed AT me, and then she rolled her eyes and said something like "oh my god, this is really..", and then she stopped what she was going to say. I don't remember that happening but I feel like such a complete moron.

                        This part I remember: I then had to go to the bathroom to pee, so she and her mom lead me upstairs, and there was some metal thing on top of the door that held bath robes or whatever, and the door wouldn't close because it was in the way for some reason. They were trying to move it or something, but I stupidly said "it's okay I got this", so I lifted it up, not realizing it would fall, and it FELL, made a very loud noise, which everyone in the basement heard, and the girl said "oh, my god! That could wake up dad!". She and her mom's eyes were so wide when that happened and the look on their faces was mortifying. I apologized so much and they said it's okay, so I closed the door, and went pee. My friend later told me that she went downstairs and told everyone that I'm p*ss drunk and just knocked something over. After I was done I went downstairs and everyone was just sitting and not really doing anything. Apparently she looked at my friend and said he looks bored and isn't really enjoying it. So like an hour later she said maybe we should go. My friend had work the next morning but I didn't so I said I can stay, but she, along with her mom insisted that we go. We took the bus there, but her mom offered to drive us home, so she did. And she seemed fine and was just having a normal conversation with us. She then dropped us off and that was pretty much it for the night. But the next day when I woke up, I told her how incredibly sorry I was for everything and acting like an idiot. She insisted that it's okay and everyone was drinking, nobody did anything weird, and not to overthink it. So I kind of brushed that off, but I was still scared she didn't like me after that, so I texted her a paragraph about how the moment I saw her face in person, I fell in LOVE. She was so beautiful, and if that wasn't true love at first sight, I don't know what is. She then told me that maybe it was too early to say so much, and I apologized and said that I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable with that.

                        Later that day I told her that we didn't really have a good chance to get to know each other at the party because everyone was getting in the way, so I asked if she would like to meet one on one and go for a walk in the park behind her house. She told me that next weekend she can't because of grad, and the weekend after that she has more exams, and she needs to catch up with studies because of her grad. It's a huge mess, but she said she'll let me know. Then I replied with "hmm okay", and she told me she *swears* she'll let me know as soon as she's free because it's gonna be a crazy few weeks. That was pretty much it, but since the party, she apparently still hasn't opened my envelope, I asked her in the morning today, and she said she'll do it tonight, which I don't believe. I'm positive she's already opened it and probably rolled her eyes, threw away the card and spent the money.

                        I know this was long, but I feel like the party details were important because that's what determined how she felt about me, and maybe you guys can give me your best opinions based on that. She's been open with me in the past and told me about how there were guys that liked her but she didn't like them back, but couldn't tell them no because she's not the type. She's too "nice". I'm just afraid that she's doing the same to me.

                        My friend is telling me that I messed up real bad and I should just move on. I CAN'T. I'm so insecure, and she probably knows that which could be part of the reason she doesn't like me. What do I do? I need help, my depression and anxiety are killing me and I had to skip work today because I'd be too slow. Do I stop texting her and let her go out of my life, or do I wait on her, hoping that she gives me another chance to meet up. What if she doesn't text me all day or tonight about the birthday card? Do I just not mention it anymore? That's the 2nd or 3rd time I asked if she opened it. Please help me, she is the girl of my dreams and I don't know why but I'm seriously in love with her and my feelings for her are so deep. I hate life right now, and if I can't get her to be mine, then I will probably break down to my knees, quit my job, and curl up in a ball in my room for months. I'm just naturally a soft guy, it sucks, and I care too much. I really need help, please. I don't want to lose her!
                        She's taking the lazy way out by not being forthright with you. She's hoping you'll get her message and leave her alone. She observed that you do not exercise self-control and saw your human weakness. A lot of people simply never give anyone second chances. However, she has no qualms receiving your money.

                        Don't text her. Leave her be. Don't quit your job. I'm sorry about your situation. Get up, brush yourself off and start over again. Face the fact that you lost her. All you can do from this point forward is behave and you'll be fine.

                        And don't be surprised that she didn't acknowledge your card and monetary gift which was beautiful of you btw. I've had countless people in my life who never acknowledged anything I've bestowed upon them whether it was money, gift cards, food, clothes, favors, helping them move, etc. Learn not to over do it when being nice to others because some people do not possess social graces, won't thank you, won't reciprocate and they're simply not the type.
                        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chanelle View Post

                          She's taking the lazy way out by not being forthright with you. She's hoping you'll get her message and leave her alone. She observed that you do not exercise self-control and saw your human weakness. A lot of people simply never give anyone second chances. However, she has no qualms receiving your money.

                          Don't text her. Leave her be. Don't quit your job. I'm sorry about your situation. Get up, brush yourself off and start over again. Face the fact that you lost her. All you can do from this point forward is behave and you'll be fine.

                          And don't be surprised that she didn't acknowledge your card and monetary gift which was beautiful of you btw. I've had countless people in my life who never acknowledged anything I've bestowed upon them whether it was money, gift cards, food, clothes, favors, helping them move, etc. Learn not to over do it when being nice to others because some people do not possess social graces, won't thank you, won't reciprocate and they're simply not the type.
                          I agree that she's rude not acknowledging the card and monetary gift , however I don't agree that it was "beautiful of him"
                          Remember he said his card had a massive paragraph of him pouring his heart out to her ? Since he had never met her when he wrote the card , it's not even genuine words. He didn't know her , only exchanged texts and a few phone calls over a 14 day period.
                          I don't know anyone who wouldn't find that creepy nevermind think it's beautiful?

                          He then asked her 3 times had she read the card. Of course she read it despite pretending she didn't. She likely didnt know how to respond . How would / could you?? Potential stalker who now knows where you live? I'm not saying the op is a stalker but he portrayed
                          himself to be. At that point and after the party with his non stop apologising and questioning re the card.

                          The appropriate thing to bring to the party would have been chocolates, a bottle of wine or something equally generic and not costly.
                          He definitely should not have given a birthday gift to someone he never met.

                          OP, what did your friend think of your paragraph pouring your heart out to a stranger? Shame you didn't come on here before the party. We could have talked you out of this nonsense. Sorry but live and learn.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post



                            OP, what did your friend think of your paragraph pouring your heart out to a stranger? Shame you didn't come on here before the party. We could have talked you out of this nonsense. Sorry but live and learn.
                            He was literally telling me what you and everyone else were saying. I just didn't listen to him. It's okay, she finally "read" the card "last night", and sent me a paragraph about how great it was and she appreciates it. But she wanted to return the money to me. And after a while of me declining, I realized that I came off too strong and too fast, including with the card, and I told her that I'll take the money when we meet up next time. But she insisted to send it to me through email transfer. At that point I realized she had no concern over meeting me in person. So I told her I thought about it and realized I jumped the gun with the money, and she can throw away the card if she hasn't already. Her response was, "You were just expressing how you felt it's alright lol", to which I replied, "whatever lol". So far she has left me on read and hasn't messaged me back. I guess this is it, time for me to move on. It hurts and feels like my heart was just crushed into a singularity, but I'll try to live day by day. I'd rather end things like this than be just her friend, because it's obvious that's all she wants.
                            Last edited by EternalDarkness; May 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post

                              I agree that she's rude not acknowledging the card and monetary gift , however I don't agree that it was "beautiful of him"
                              Remember he said his card had a massive paragraph of him pouring his heart out to her ? Since he had never met her when he wrote the card , it's not even genuine words. He didn't know her , only exchanged texts and a few phone calls over a 14 day period.
                              I don't know anyone who wouldn't find that creepy nevermind think it's beautiful?

                              He then asked her 3 times had she read the card. Of course she read it despite pretending she didn't. She likely didnt know how to respond . How would / could you?? Potential stalker who now knows where you live? I'm not saying the op is a stalker but he portrayed
                              himself to be. At that point and after the party with his non stop apologising and questioning re the card.

                              The appropriate thing to bring to the party would have been chocolates, a bottle of wine or something equally generic and not costly.
                              He definitely should not have given a birthday gift to someone he never met.

                              OP, what did your friend think of your paragraph pouring your heart out to a stranger? Shame you didn't come on here before the party. We could have talked you out of this nonsense. Sorry but live and learn.
                              If she really didn't like him nor approve of his behavior then she should've done the right thing and returned the $100. to him yet she did not. I think that says a lot about her lack of quality character, too.
                              "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X