No announcement yet.

What does seeing someone actually mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does seeing someone actually mean?

This has to be the most confusing term for me ever. Everything I search for online seems to give a different answer to what it means and I really just have no idea what the true meaning of "seeing someone" is and it would be very beneficial for me to find this out. Thank you to anyone that can help with this.

Seeing someone means they are dating someone and it looks like it's turning serious. That is what "seeing someone" means to me. It also a good excuse to turn someone down gently if they've asked you out and you don't want to go.

What is your situation?
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I would say it's exclusive dating leading into a relationship should there be good compatibility.
      As phases asked, what's your situation?
      That would help to clarify.

Comment

Seeing someone means that person and / or you are temporarily (or could be permanently) off the dating market. It's exclusive 1:1 until a breakup.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by Syndakiss View Post
          Everything I search for online seems to give a different answer to what it means and I really just have no idea what the true meaning of "seeing someone" is and it would be very beneficial for me to find this out.
          Well as per your Google results, and already in this thread, you will get contrasting answers.

The best option is to discuss with your partner so you all know exactly where you stand.

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
          Seeing someone means they are dating someone and it looks like it's turning serious. That is what "seeing someone" means to me.
          That is also how I understand it. Although I would not assume any exclusivity unless it had been agreed upon.
          Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

It does not have a universal definition. It means whatever the two people doing it say it means.

For me, it means casually dating . . . you spend time together but the relationship is not exclusive & you are not committed to anything.

Comment

Working...
            X