Now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what?

So iv been seeing my girlfriend for 5 months now. We just tool a trip to Niagara falls canada to meet up with her sister and her family. Everything was nice. It was a good tiime and we had fun. We had gotten intimate at a certain point and agreed we eanted a baby in the heat of the moment. At least thats what I wanted. She may have had a few drinks before hand. After all was said and done she explained to.me that she wanted to be more ready for a baby. And it seemed like she tried to make me ok with deciding on an emergency contraceptive. It was a long ride home and I didnt bring it up. Once we got closer to my place she asked about where to get it. So I stopped at the pharmacy and purchased the plan-b pill. It was the most humiliating thing iv ever had to do. We said our goodbyes at my place as she still had an hour ride ahead of her. She called me when she got home and I asked if she took the pill and she said "no im going to take it in a little while" amd she did. About 10 minutes later. My heart dropped and i felt crushed. I really font know how to move on from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, how old are you both?

Secondly. Your girlfriend was completely right to take that pill. Being a parent isn't like getting a puppy. You can't decide that on a whim and then change your mind later if you find out you weren't ready.

You've known each other 5 months. That's nothing! How can you know if you want to spend the rest of your life connected to your gf through the shared care of a child. Not just 18 years, but forever. You haven't even lived together yet. How do you know that the relationship will even last?
    Have you discussed your future together? What are your common goals and plans? Where will you live? How will you handle your joint finances?
    Have you discussed how you view parenthood? What will be your tasks regarding childcare? Will one of you stay home, or will you both keep working? Will the child be raised religiously or not? Will you be strict or be more permissive? Would you both be okay if you had a child with a serious illness or disability?

You haven't thought any of this through. How can you possibly think it's okay to have a child together? Kids don't raise themselves. If you want children, how about you start doing some maturing and growing up yourself so you can be the kind of responsible parent your child would need.
    Last edited by Ayla; March 6th, 2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Do you know her middle name?

Well said, Ayla.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by Nemorouno View Post
        So iv been seeing my girlfriend for 5 months now. We just tool a trip to Niagara falls canada to meet up with her sister and her family. Everything was nice. It was a good tiime and we had fun. We had gotten intimate at a certain point and agreed we eanted a baby in the heat of the moment. At least thats what I wanted. She may have had a few drinks before hand. After all was said and done she explained to.me that she wanted to be more ready for a baby. And it seemed like she tried to make me ok with deciding on an emergency contraceptive. It was a long ride home and I didnt bring it up. Once we got closer to my place she asked about where to get it. So I stopped at the pharmacy and purchased the plan-b pill. It was the most humiliating thing iv ever had to do. We said our goodbyes at my place as she still had an hour ride ahead of her. She called me when she got home and I asked if she took the pill and she said "no im going to take it in a little while" amd she did. About 10 minutes later. My heart dropped and i felt crushed. I really font know how to move on from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
        Move on from what? The fact that your gf is more mature than you??

Baffled!!!

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X