Idealization another person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idealization another person

I have a friend who lives in another country. We used to be very close and I idealize him. He has every trait I want in a man. We talk once every 3 mths. There are “special” feelings I have for him. I love my boyfriend. It hit the fan when his name came up with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is very smart and no BS guy. He jokenly asked “who’s smarter?”. I stopped a moment and responded with “well... he has his PHD which really pissed off my boyfriend. It got worse when I defended the other guy. I have had issues in the past. Is it wrong?

Originally posted by Dino78 View Post
    I have a friend who lives in another country. We used to be very close and I idealize him. He has every trait I want in a man. We talk once every 3 mths. There are “special” feelings I have for him. I love my boyfriend. It hit the fan when his name came up with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is very smart and no BS guy. He jokenly asked “who’s smarter?”. I stopped a moment and responded with “well... he has his PHD which really pissed off my boyfriend. It got worse when I defended the other guy. I have had issues in the past. Is it wrong?
    Do you truly believe a phD makes one smarter than the other?
    Or do you love putting your bf down to make you feel better about yourself?
    What is wrong with you??

Comment

Working...
    X