Fifty shades movie ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifty shades movie ....

Hi, I have a question. I've done something really silly ... I met this really nice gentleman (I mean real gentleman and very respectful)) couple of weeks ago online. Our profiles were not very compatible since he doesn't wants kids (already has them) and I do but, since we live very close to each other, we decided to meet up and maybe become friends. We met, had a very nice conversation. He was quite open about his life and told me that he just ended a long time relationship and not really sure what he is looking for. It's all good as we wanted to be friends only .. We decided to meet the fallowing week and see a movie. When we got to the theatrre it turned out that the movie choice was really bad and I spontaneously suggested to see "Fifty shades.." He said ok, but I could sense, felt a bit embarrased. He got the tickets and I already felt my suggestion was a huge mistake. It felt really awkward during the movie. He made couple funny comments during the movie, but I felt that I lost so much in his eyes. He acted like a true gentleman till the end of the evening. I texted him saying thank you afterwords, he responded politely, but since then didn't contact me again. I really don't know what happened to me why did I do it. So not my style. I guess I just wanted to see the movie, and wasn't thinking too much. So silly, Am I overthinking ? What you guys think about the situation ? I do really feel bad about it.

Sounds like more of a problem with your personality, not the movie. He was joking a few times with you and you weren't catching ball. He may also have thought the movie (and the book) were predictable, cliche, undeniably boring, been there, done that, so 1980s, score: 3% (totally rotten) tomatoes. If you feel that bad and he's worth it what on earth is stopping you from picking up the phone and checking in?

Comment

Sounds like he didn't click with you and politely let you know that he's ready to move on otherwise he would've been more enthusiastic about getting to know you better. Try not to feel bad. Not everyone is "thee one." It's better to shop around.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Go see the moving "He's Just Not That Into You" next.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Further to above: Stop trying to make friends through an online dating site. Guys aren't there to make platonic buddies and you're far to OCD in your thinking to be a friend with benefits. You'll shred your own heart.
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Why do you care?
            Lets face it he's not looking for a platonic friend nor relationship.
            Gentlemen also like sex.

Comment

You guys are the best !! Thank you for your time to answer me.

Comment

Working...
              X