Hot and cold; beef help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot and cold; beef help please

My GF and I are in our 50s. She has teenage girls who take up a lot of her time, along with work. Weve been together about 3 months. First 2 months perfect, very mutual, very romantic, almost daily contact, she spoke often of future together, asked me to be exclusive. Over the last month, shes been distancing. Too busy to see me but still maintained contact albeit less frequent and less romantic. Not long ago I told her that not seeing esch other wasnt gonna work for me. Days later I told her I promised to be more understanding of her other commitments, and that I would be more patient. She informed me that the night before she bought me a present. Also told me how much my understanding meant to her. We both affirmed we were still excited about the relationship. Since receiving the gift, ive tried calling twice, days apart, to thank her. VM is always full, but she sees my calls. This is the first time shes never responded. Im loath now to send a thank you text. I dont know what to do. She would well recognize that I would be hurt and confused not hearing back. And of course I keep asking myself why she would send a $100 gift if not further interested. I simply dont know what to think or do at this point. Please help.

Dude, teenage girls take up an awful lot of a mother's time. You are NOT a priority at this point, and so you have to either accept it or look elsewhere for romance. She sent you a gift, meaning that she likes you and probably wants to have some kind of relationship, but she can't accommodate your requirements for constant contact.

You promised to be more understanding. So start being more understanding.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I'm a mom and I agree with Sarah, children take top priority. You have to take a backseat. If you can't, have a childless girlfriend who is willing to give you her disposable time and energy. I had all the time of the world for my then fiance and later when we raised a family, suddenly children became time-consuming for years. Get used to it.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Working...
      X