I am a coward--please provide some feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a coward--please provide some feedback

Hello everyone, I have been gone for a long time.

I knew a girl from 2016-2017 who had classes with me. Basically she liked me (as a friend I think, although someone did say she liked me in the other way) and she was very sad when she had to leave the school. I was very sad when she left and all because I thought I would never really like anyone that way again. At the end of June she came to me and gave me a nice hug and everything. I was so touched when she did that because no girl really every made that sort of gesture towards me.

And so, she left and I never saw her again.

Until two days ago.

I was in the car and I saw her walking In a store with her Mother. I felt really excited and memories of her kindness and warmth were brought back to my memory. So I went in the store and pretended I was looking around.
    I didn't notice her anywhere until I went to the basement of the store. I saw my mother and was talking with her at the stairs. I quickly glanced over behind me and saw HER looking at a few items on display. I quickly turned around and went up the stairs pretending not to notice.

I am a coward, yes. What I wanted to do was talk to her again and give her that hug that she once provided me with. I honestly feel like an idiot because now that I think about it, it really was not that hard. At the time, I was somewhat nervous.

She lives in my town and I really do want to approach her the next time. Hopefully I see her again soon.

I would like some feedback as to how I can cope with my sadness.

So you haven't seen her since she left school? Why did she have to leave the school?

The next time you see her, ask her how she's been and what she has been doing since she left. Tell her it's good to see her and you hope to see her again. That's a start.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

SarahLancaster Yeah, she went to University.

Next time I will absolutely be more confident in approaching her

Comment

You're not a coward. You're bashful and shy and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that next time you will work up the courage and greet her. Don't expect too much though. Take it slow. Sometimes a girl hugs a guy just to be nice and doesn't want to give you mixed signals or messages. Be careful not to take it the wrong way. I just don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment or hurt should she have no intentions of being more than just an acquaintance.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

On how to cope with sadness: tell yourself bigger mistakes have been made and eat ice cream. Then the next time you see her flash her your million dollar smile. Life is far too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post
            On how to cope with sadness: tell yourself bigger mistakes have been made and eat ice cream. Then the next time you see her flash her your million dollar smile. Life is far too short.
            Thank you so much. I'll be sure to do that the next time I see her!

Comment

Working...
            X