Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this girl interested in me or not? If so should I ask for her number?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this girl interested in me or not? If so should I ask for her number?

I met this Christian girl that occasionally attends the events hosted by my church. Although she goes to another church, she and her sister have a few friends from my church (who are also mutual friends with me) and they usually attend our church's events whenever their friends are going to them and invite them. Anyways, this is the second time I see her there (this time it was at a New Year's Party). I noticed that she isn't the type of girl that usually talks to other guys a lot or initiate conversation with them at these events. But I noticed that she is different with me. She seems to like talking to me and initiate conversation with me. At the church New Year's Party, her older sister was there with her fiance (who she introduced me to). But the girl I like is still single. They were all sitting together on the same table (the girl I like, her sister, and her sister's fiance). She was the one that initiated conversation with me when she saw me that night. I also talked with her whenever I got the chance to that evening. But most of our conversations are just small talk and getting to know about each other a little bit. I noticed she always sticks with her sister a lot. She is 21 and is still in University studying Architecture for one more year. I am 25 and I finished school in electrical engineering a few years ago, but recently I have been out of a job because I was working on contract. So now I'm looking for another job. I always get the sense that she likes talking to me and is at the very least comfortable with me. But I noticed she stays with her older sister a lot. We also do hug when greeting each other and when saying goodbye. But I don't really think that means much because lots of girls at church do that with me. I'm friends with other girls too at church, but none of them talk to me as much as this girl seems to. As I was leaving the party, I went to her table to say goodbye to her. She hugged me again, told me to get home safe, and wished me luck on a job interview that I have next week and told me to let her know how it goes. I proceeded to then tell her that I don't have her contact info yet. She then told me that she thought we had already added each other on facebook. I told that we didn't. She then said that she will find me and add me herself. She still hasn't added me yet. The thing is she only knows my first name, so it's possible that she didn't find me. It's also possible that she forgot. Anyways, regardless of whether she adds me or not, I'm planning on getting her number next time. Would it be a good idea to try getting her number next time? What do you think? Do you guys think she might be interested in me or not? I thought she might be, but I noticed she didn't add me on facebook like she said she would. Am I overreacting? How do you think I should approach this? Should I continue to get to know her more before asking for her number? Should I just try being her friend if she gives me her number or should I straight away ask her on a date? Please give me tips on how to approach this as I have never asked a girl out. Thank you.

I wouldn't focus too much on the facebook because some people even in the younger generation don't care much for facebook. It seems instagram and twitter are all the rage now. She may also be very busy. What's her sister like? Outgoing, willing to take a chance, reserved, snobby, sociable? If she is glued to her sister at the hip her sibling may have a much larger influence on her than meets the eye. I'm also curious what her sister's boyfriend is like. And how far apart you both live (different cities/towns or across the same town)? Are you of the same denomination?

I think she likes conversing with you and may think that you're an easy person to open up to and you're not a threat (rude, intimidating, overbearing, bad influence etc). Any more than that is anyone's guess. You've got the right idea asking for her number. Don't go looking for her on facebook (glad you did not suggest that). Next time you bump into her ask her if she'd like to go on a date. In a world that's filled with confusion, please do not add to it. Be straight with her, tell her you like her company a lot and would she like to go on a date.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post
      I wouldn't focus too much on the facebook because some people even in the younger generation don't care much for facebook. It seems instagram and twitter are all the rage now. She may also be very busy. What's her sister like? Outgoing, willing to take a chance, reserved, snobby, sociable? If she is glued to her sister at the hip her sibling may have a much larger influence on her than meets the eye. I'm also curious what her sister's boyfriend is like. And how far apart you both live (different cities/towns or across the same town)? Are you of the same denomination?

I think she likes conversing with you and may think that you're an easy person to open up to and you're not a threat (rude, intimidating, overbearing, bad influence etc). Any more than that is anyone's guess. You've got the right idea asking for her number. Don't go looking for her on facebook (glad you did not suggest that). Next time you bump into her ask her if she'd like to go on a date. In a world that's filled with confusion, please do not add to it. Be straight with her, tell her you like her company a lot and would she like to go on a date.
      Yea her sister is outgoing and nice to me too. I don't know too much about her boyfriend though. Like I said this is only the second time I have seen her and her sister. And the first time I saw her sister's fiance. They both seem to be very close friends with a few girls from my church (let's call these girls A, B, and C). I know this because one of those girls they are friends with (let's call her A) is a good family friend of mine as early as my childhood years. Also A & her family live in the same neighbourhood as me. A is a very social media savy type of girl, so she posts lots of pictures and ever since I met the girl I like and her sister, I noticed they appear in A's instagram posts quite a lot. The girl even told me herself that A is the one that invites her and her sister to our church's events. So as you can tell I don't really see this girl a lot, but I do know I will see her again eventually since A invites her to the church events. I just don't know when that next event will be lol. Also, the reason this girl and sister go to another church is because they are Roman Catholic whereas the church I go to is Maronite. We are both from the same ethnic background (middle eastern), but I guess she is roman and I'm maronite. I personally don't find that a big deal though.

Comment

I am Roman Catholic. I just looked up Maronite Catholics and read for a bit. It wouldn't bother me to date, for example, a Maronite Catholic, but it would probably bother my family who are very old school. My closest friends are Shiite Ismaili (Muslims) from the middle east (Dubai) and I have regularly visited and been a part of their social events. They have enriched my faith100-fold and they also had a lot to do with my own journey back to my Catholic faith after several years parting from the church, ironic as it may seem. I think God sends the most unlikely messengers to us to teach us a lesson. In the end it's up to the person/people involved how wide they want to open their hearts. I think it's worth a shot to ask her on a date.

Comment

I am Roman Catholic. I just looked up Maronite Catholics and read for a bit. It wouldn't bother me to date, for example, a Maronite Catholic, but it would probably bother my family who are very old school. My closest friends are Shiite Ismaili (Muslims) from the middle east (Dubai) and I have regularly visited and been a part of their social events. They have enriched my faith100-fold and they also had a lot to do with my own journey back to my Catholic faith after several years parting from the church, ironic as it may seem. I think God sends the most unlikely messengers to us to teach us a lesson. In the end it's up to the person/people involved how wide they want to open their hearts. I think it's worth a shot to ask her on a date.
          Ok I can ask her next time. But the only thing is I have no idea when that will be. It could be months until I see her because my church youth doesn't host that many events, and when they do, not many people show up unless the event is actually interesting. I mean I only saw her twice in all of 2017. Once in May, when we had a Maronite Youth Convention and once just last week for New Year.

Comment

Do you have any other ideas that might not seem borderline creepy or aggressive (ie looking her up on the internet/phonebook or asking for her number from friends and family)?

Comment

Do you have any other ideas that might not seem borderline creepy or aggressive (ie looking her up on the internet/phonebook or asking for her number from friends and family)?
              nope

Comment

Working...
              X