Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in someone, how do i know they feel the same?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in someone, how do i know they feel the same?

I just recently got out of an 8 year relationship, I know crazy! I definitely wasnít expecting to meet anyone else so soon but Iíve met someone and am very interested in them of course not wanting to rush anything. I want to take he time and get to know them obviously but I also donít want put time into it if Iím just oblivious to maybe them just being nice to me.
    He texts me every morning with a nice good morning text, I get a text randomly when Iím at work wanting to know how my day is and we usually text and talk throughout the day. I get compliments from him as well. Iíve talked to him for almost 2 months but have recently just started hanging out with him. He has tried hanging out with me before but I kinda blew him off since I just got out of a relationship and not really knowing what I wanted then, or risking getting hurt again. Heís asked me out to dinner, Iíve met some of his friends, I feel like everything points to him being interested in me, but I also donít want to be putting too much thought into this and miss maybe the fact of him just being friendly. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you and happy new year!

Originally posted by Browneyedbeauty View Post
    .... I feel like everything points to him being interested in me, but I also donít want to be putting too much thought into this and miss maybe the fact of him just being friendly. ...
    You're putting too much thought into this. He asks you to hang out. If you enjoy hanging out, then hang out. If and when he tries to pursue a relationship, go with it if you want to or shut it down if you don't. What's there to think about?

Why did your 8 year relationship end?
    Last edited by Pollon; January 1st, 2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I always just make it more complicated than I should. We broke up because he didnít want to get married. And he said he doesnít think he ever wants to get married.

Comment

His actions indicate that he's interested. He texts you in the morning, he asks how your day is, he takes you out to dinner. You're right that everything points to his being interested. I would follow Pollon's advice. Keep communicating with him and hanging out. If after a few more months there have been no moves to label your relationship, you need to broach the topic.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
          His actions indicate that he's interested. He texts you in the morning, he asks how your day is, he takes you out to dinner. You're right that everything points to his being interested. I would follow Pollon's advice. Keep communicating with him and hanging out. If after a few more months there have been no moves to label your relationship, you need to broach the topic.
          I figured i was putting too much thought into it. Iím still nervous about meeting someone and getting hurt again I appreciate your advice. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X