Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend's sister does not approve of us. What do I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend's sister does not approve of us. What do I do?

I have a big problem. My sisterís girlfriend dislikes me and doesnít see me as a good match for her sister and does not approve of our relationship. My girl values her sisterís opinion, which is why itís important for me to gain her nod of acceptance. I donít know what to do with my situation. To give a bit of a background, I met my girlfriend through LoveMe and weíve been together for over six months now. I must say sheís a really good catch. Sheís beautiful, smart, and really nice. Both her parents died when she was only a teen. Basically, her sister stepped up to be her parent and sister at the same time. However, they grew up together under the care of their grandmother. I think this is why sheís very protective of her. She says her sister disapproves of us because of our age gap. Sheís about six years my junior but we both donít mind it, honestly. We plan on meeting each other really soon. Iíll visit her and weíll go see places together. The only thing holding me back is her sister. If only I can get her to like me before I go see her. What should I do so that her sister would change her mind about us? Is there anything I can say to convince her that my girlfriend and I are a good match?

Are you saying you've never actually met this girl in person that you call "your girlfriend"?
    If that's the case I'd not approve of you either. Neither woman actually knows you enough to approve of you.
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I think when they say they met through "LoveMe" it's spam. We'll see.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Assuming this is not spam, what are your respective ages?

Comment

Assuming you are spam...
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
          X