Dating advice from an aspergers perspective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating advice from an aspergers perspective

This is a good question but in an aspergers world and it originates from Lauren Southern's youtube with Brittany Pettibone "What do you think? In an age of dating sites, relationships have become increasingly shallow, with young women/men always looking for the next best thing. But is this a recipe for unhappiness?I have a question I got recently rejected by someone who thinks I am not well suited because of my lack of experience or no experience of being in a long term relationship. So is the woman right to generalize me and reject me because she wanted someone that knows how to be in a long term relationship or is that person wrong to say that to me? Another great question "why do women/men say they want a sweet nice gentleman/gal but then put them in the friend zone and only date respect less playboys/playgirls"?

I really don't think she rejected you because you had no experience in a long-term relationship. She most likely rejected you because she wasn't that into you.

I do believe that relationships in the computer age tend to be superficial.. Social media has made narcissists out of an entire generation. But there are women who want the sweet gentleman. You just have to go through the numbers until you find her. Why would you want to be someone who makes superficial judgments about people anyway?
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I would be hesitant to date someone who hasn't been in a long term relationship at my age (and I'm older) but I wouldn't rule it out. There are all kinds of life circumstances. Perhaps it depends at what life stage you are at. For the teens and twenties I don't think it becomes as much of a red flag as much as when you reach your thirties or forties, for example. I don't have anything bad to say about online dating except that as the pool of 'potentials' widens exponentially, so does the ratio of bad apples to good apples. I don't see it as any different as someone walking into a bar for example and trying to find someone compatible. That physical bar is just a smaller venue and therefore there are a limited number of ways for things to go wrong. Yet sometimes it seems like it can never go right! You just have to be patient and look in the right places and get the right vibe at the right time. It may take weeks or years.

Comment

Working...
      X