Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apathy problem

Hello I need some relationship advice..

My girlfriend this last month is apathetic.. when we are together is all fine and fun but then when she goes home, she doesn't want to see me or text me.. We talked about this situation and we both agreed and are determinate to find a solution, but we don't know how to deal with this situation.. Do you have any advice or I should broke up with her?

How long have you been together? How often do you text her and ask to see her? How often do you actually see her? What did she say when you confronted her about it?

My guess is that she knows why she's feeling apathetic towards the relationship but doesn't want to or doesn't know how to communicate it.

Comment

How old are you two?

Comment

We have been together for 7 months, before we text everyday and see 3-4 times a week but now we don't have time and we see only 1-2 times and we don't text often.. I ask her what was the problem of this non-communication and she told me that she feel apathy but doesn't know why..

we are young.. 21 and 20 years

Comment

To me it just sounds as though the honeymoon period has worn off.

There seems to be an idea nowadays that couples must be in contact and chatting 24/7. It must become tedious very quickly.

Why are you bothered about chatting over text if when the two of you see each other everything is great?

I think you should try and let this issue go. Let her make the next few arrangements to see you, that way you'll know if she is apathetic towards the relationship or just apathetic towards texting you all the time.
          Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

I SO don't care about this topic.

Just kidding.

I agree with reg. After 7 months, the newness has worn off. This is the time when you discover if the post rose-colored-glasses phase is going to show there's enough to sustain the relationship further. She doesn't need to text you all the time. If everything is fine when you're together, you need to just back off a bit. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. Leave some down time to build interest.
            "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
              I SO don't care about this topic.

Just kidding.

I agree with reg. After 7 months, the newness has worn off. This is the time when you discover if the post rose-colored-glasses phase is going to show there's enough to sustain the relationship further. She doesn't need to text you all the time. If everything is fine when you're together, you need to just back off a bit. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. Leave some down time to build interest.
              I agree with this. People that must be in contact with each other at all times are usually insecure. People with lives and things to do don't need constant contact.

Cell phones these days are a blessing and a curse. I just never understood the need to constantly be in contact with someone, or glued to a social media app. Do something with your life besides worrying about what everyone else thinks, and what they're doing.

Comment

Working...
              X