Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of recording a CD for my girlfriend for our one-year anniversary. I'm sure she'll like it, even though she doesn't listen to a lot of classical music (I play flute), because I asked her first if she wanted it...lol. It spoils the gift, but I wanted to be sure, since she really doesn't listen to a lot of music.

Anyway, I really don't know how to help you personally, except by mentioning that something you've made yourself will probably be a lot more special to her than something you buy.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle
    "Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas. Happy is he who has been able to learn the causes of things." -Virgil
    "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Comment

I need input on this topic ASAP, so I'm moving it to the main dating forum! Thanks

My S/O and I have been together (adding all together since when we broke up for a while- long story) for about a year now, and I want to get him something very special for christmas.

He is going to be flying with me to a different state to meet my father and my family, so it needs to be small enough to carry either in my luggage or on my person in my bag (I've had stuff stolen from my luggage :/ )

He is going to college in a different state, so I was thinking of getting him something for his dormroom, but I also want to get him something personal, unique, and special. He likes leather and already has a jacket, - I'm thinking i'm getting one from him for Christmas- he has gloves,a hat, he bought himself a ring to wear to show he's 'taken', I've gotten him cologne and a watch before.

What's left??

Kristallnacht

Me: I love this terrycloth robe, it's so comfortable.
      -Him: You mean you're wearing the one you answered your door in when I suprised you with the two dozen roses?
      Me: Yeah, that's the one. That was so embarrassing- it was all I had on.
      -Him: Really?! You mean I could have just pulled the string and-
      (pause)
      -Him: Sorry, sorry- that's the rum talking.

- late night phone conversation

http://www.livejournal.com/users/floatupstream

Pictures :
      http://community.webshots.com/user/kristallnacht

Comment

i know it's passed xmas already, but i haven't seen my gf yet so i can still kinda get ehr a gift
        i was thinking of getting her one of these hamsters that dance..we were browsing and she saw one and said it was cute, so it is kinda a shoe i that she'd like it.. even though it is kinda a nick-nack
        but what does everybody think of that

<span style='color:blue'>20/M</span>
        <span style='color:green'>You have no idea what I&#39;m talking about, I&#39;m sure. But don&#39;t worry... you will someday. </span> <span style='color:gray'>~Lester Burnham</span>

Comment

That sounds fine, Wrightman, but don&#39;t let it be the only thing you get her. Get something a little romantic too

So while I'm taking you for granted
          We'll be humming along...

Comment

Why are guys so hard to shop for?

My boyfriend&#39;s B-day is coming up and I have no clue on what to get him. I know he likes but I really want to do something special for him.

Should I take him out to dinner? Wear sexy lingerie? Give him a back massage? Bake him a cake? I&#39;m so confused:confused2:

Do any of you GUYS have any suggestion.

Comment

i ask, it may not be subtle, but at least it gets me some ideas...usually

but a gold dipped rose, that sounds really gross....

[#|__|#]Nintendo
              [+|__|::]DS

Comment

Though lain13 has a point, I&#39;ve never heard of a straight guy being disappointed by his girl wearing sexy clothes; I don&#39;t think you can go wrong with that.
                "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle
                "Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas. Happy is he who has been able to learn the causes of things." -Virgil
                "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Comment

Re: Gifts

So for Xmas I'm giving (yes, its past Xmas, but my bf and I are on opposite sides of the country, so we're exchanging Xmas gifts in a week) my boyfriend a scarf that I knitted for him, a really nice dressy shirt (for when we go away for the weekend, he always says he has nothing nice to wear), and a set of his favorite scented candles. We've only been together about 3 months, so we both said to stay on a budget and not go crazy...

I know its a month away but Valentines day is gonna be here before I know it. I was thinking of getting him something small (since hes getting 3 things for Xmas, and since its a fairly new relationship) for V-day, but am not sure what to do. I cant make him a CD because we dont relaly have any "songs" of our own and the ones which I would put on a CD he already owns! I was thinking of taking him somewhere fun for a day, but with no car its rather difficult, plus its freezing so the types of places I was thinking of dont really work...theres a nice aquarium that we both want to go to, its a bit pricey which is why we haven't gone, but is it lame to surprise him by taking him to the aquarium?? I imagine he'll take me out to dinner, and we're both poor college students so I imagine we wont be doing a real gift exchange, so is lunch and the aquarium too boring or do you think he might appreciate it? The only other idea I had was taking him to the blue man group..he's been once before but I never have, he said it was a lot of fun, maybe tickets for that would be a better bet?

Comment

My bf and I had our 1yr anniversary a few days ago. We got each other talking bears(the ones you make yourself & put your own voice into). He got me a bear that's dressed like him and I got him a bear like me. Not every guy would like that sort of thing, I realize. I thought it was such a cute idea, though. I'm also working on a scrapbook all about us.
                    'I have been one acquainted with the night.
                    I have walked out in rain --and back in rain.
                    I have outwalked the furthest city light.

~Robert Frost~
                    I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going.. but I'm on my way.~Carl Sandburg~

Comment

i met this guy in wealthymen.com he gave me roses... a field of roses...

Comment

I love giving gifts to people I love. Sadly romantic love has evaded me for some time now, but let me draw up the list of gifts I gave when I last felt so head over heels...

Before we ever started dating (after we fell for each other, oddly) we'd been talking online after the first time we met (distance thing) and he gave up drinking (something that he and his college pals were quite fond of) for lent. The next time I saw him (a trip we each took to NYC) I brought him a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice. The plan originally called for plastic wine glasses by Rockefeller Center, but I forgot those at home, so I just presented the nicely wrapped bottle (belated Valentine's day gift, I believe).

I gave him a mix CD called "Near or Far: A mix for my California star" which ended with "California Stars" a Woody Guthrie song recorded by Billy Bragg with Wilco (he was from LA). So for the next gift, I ordered LA Lights kids shoes online, got an old mirror from a makeup compact from my sorority girl suitemate, stuck it in the shoe and wrote a message on the back which ended with something like "Despite the LA Lights, you can always see the brightest California star"

I still have the other shoe... it's an odd thing to have laying around.

I'm a juggler and he loved trying to juggle with my help. So for his birthday, I bought him three balls, in Dogders True Blue and white. Wonder if he's been using them at all.

Yea, I'm a hopeless romantic. Sigh.
                        Hey, guess what? I'm back (though probably not for long) and I'm not emo anymore!

Comment

For my boyfriend's and my 1st anniversary I planned a special night for us. I worked at a motel so I booked us a room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub (for really cheap since I worked there). I wanted it to be a surprise though so I told him that I wanted to stop by and pick up my check. We got there and I went inside and checked in at the desk. Then I went out to the truck and told him that a cot had to be taken out of a room upstairs and brought downstairs but could he do it so Trish wouldn't have to try to do it. So I led him upstairs to a room and we went in and he was like wtf there's no cot in here. So then he figured it out and we had a nice romantic night which involved a jacuzzi tub and some sexy lingerie.

We usually go all out for birthday presents and then keep Christmas presents simple and cheap. For his birthday I bought him an acoustic guitar which was almost a thousand bucks and he got me a digital camara and made a beautiful frame for this huge picture of a cheetah that I drew (he's a carpenter).

Comment

Originally posted by ScruffysGirl View Post
                            For my boyfriend's and my 1st anniversary I planned a special night for us. I worked at a motel so I booked us a room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub (for really cheap since I worked there). I wanted it to be a surprise though so I told him that I wanted to stop by and pick up my check. We got there and I went inside and checked in at the desk. Then I went out to the truck and told him that a cot had to be taken out of a room upstairs and brought downstairs but could he do it so Trish wouldn't have to try to do it. So I led him upstairs to a room and we went in and he was like wtf there's no cot in here. So then he figured it out and we had a nice romantic night which involved a jacuzzi tub and some sexy lingerie.

We usually go all out for birthday presents and then keep Christmas presents simple and cheap. For his birthday I bought him an acoustic guitar which was almost a thousand bucks and he got me a digital camara and made a beautiful frame for this huge picture of a cheetah that I drew (he's a carpenter).

This is tops!!! I love this... The best gift I think is when your love would put extra effort to dating. No ordinary dinner or cinema tickets but something extraordinary.

Mine was when he took me boating and we went island hopping and then dinner by the beach with violin and saxophone playing in the background... I loooved it...i never wanted it to end

Not until a yaer after, we broke up. But that was the best gift EVER...

Comment

I don't know what the best gift is but the worst gift for me are these stupid fluffy toys - they are HORRIBLE !!!!

Comment

something meaningful like a watch
                                I would love to change the world , but God won't give me the source code

Comment

Working...
                                X