Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rainbow Brite, now I know how to get Christ's shirt size, so now I can get her a sweater! yay!
    All cultures invent myths to explain the mysteries of life.
    We are able to see the flaws in all of these theories,
    except for the one which we were taught.

Comment

You are buying a sweater for Christ? Jesus Christ? That's awesome!

Yeah, I know, lame. I couldn't resist!

So while I'm taking you for granted
      We'll be humming along...

Comment

You are buying a sweater for Christ? Jesus Christ? That's awesome!

Yeah, I know, lame. I couldn't resist!
        What's even more lame?

I laughed, out loud.

Her name's Christa. :P

Comment

I was laughing too...I didn't catch that until Danae made the comment.

Comment

Well, I do owe him a little something, I mean, he did let himself get tortured horribly and die a painful death for me... heh.

I Suppose I should pay ol' J.C. back.

Comment

Yeah, it IS his birthday, the least you could do is buy the poor guy a sweater.
              A time of darkness
              You will look absurd and you will feel inert
              And you will go looking to blame somebody

You see, I used to think that I'd get over everything,
              But everything just got over me.

- Matthew Good Band, The Fine Art of Falling Apart

Comment

heh...yay, I made a funny!

Comment

So, do girls actually like those gold dipped roses?

I been trying to think of a gift for a friend of mine... she isnt my girlfriend, more like my best friend. even though we do have a little intimacy from time to time.. thing is.. i am thinking about getting her a cashmere sweater from J Crew... but when it comes to sizes i become like a lost little puppy. I have NO clue.. how can i go about finding what size she wears and all that stuff without making her suspicious of what i am going to get her.

Oh ya.. and do girls actually like those gold dipped roses?

Hehehe
                  well im not a girl but i got my former gf a real rose dipped in white gold and it think she liked it alot.

another great gift to get your girl would be to make her a dozen origami roses. she really really relaly liked them. if you want, i could make some for all you guys (for a price) and you can say you made them. haha this is what they look like

but she said that the best gift i gave her was this cd i made her. i was a photo cd. when she opened it up there was a title page with link to "things she gave me," "dances we went to," "places we went," etc. and when you click on of them there would be music and pictures with captions under them. took like 40 hours but it was so worth it.

Comment

Ok, freefoods wins the prize for best gift! Origami roses?! Wow! hehe how sweet

Comment

those roses are beautiful and that cd sounds awesome. I want a boyfriend...a thoughtful boyfriend, unlike my uncreative, never gave me anything for either v-day's we were going out, ex.
                      sleep is overrated

Check out my jounal! http://www.livejournal.com/users/emilymae/

Comment

yeah... i want a gf that acutally appreciate what i do for her. =(

Comment

I'd appreciate it
                          sleep is overrated

Check out my jounal! http://www.livejournal.com/users/emilymae/

Comment

Hmm ... I think we should post some Valentine's Day ideas cuz well, I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE!

"The first time my heart was broken I thought I was through; I swore I'd never love again and believe me this was true, but when you walked into my life the second your eyes met mine, I knew you were worth loving, just like before, just like the first time."

Comment

When is Valentine's Day?

Comment

Too fricking soon!

I think the best "present" I ever gave my boyfriend was this weekend. On Thursday night, we had a major fight, and he wasn't going to come to a concert (Sister Hazel) with me on Friday as we'd planned because he thought I didn't want to see him. But I made him come anyway (I paid for the tickets and everything, so it counts as a present, ha! :P) and seriously, it was apparently one of the best nights of both of our lives. Bless you, SH, for possibly saving my relationship.

heh, my boyfriend's friend wants us to go on a double date with him and his gf on Valentines Day... to see the Daredevil movie, since it comes out then. Mike was like, "Umm... riiiiight."

The most AWESOME thing he's ever given me has to be... a comic book. I sleep with it next to my bed, and I have almost every night since he gave it to me. It sounds corny, but it's this comic called Magic Inkwell that I don't think they make anymore. Anyway, the first section in the book is called "Insomnia" and it's written in poetic verse. It basically portrays this character (a cat) who misses his girlfriend cat and he can't be with her, so he goes to sleep and dreams about going across town to her house and giving her a kiss. Since we're in a bit of an LDR, it seemed appropriate.

Basically, anything that symbolises your relationship- since we're both English majors, we tend to give each other books or lyrically appropriate mixtapes! :P- is great.
                                "Sometimes a cliché is all I've got: Time heals all wounds—time and, of course, [...] other people. Did you know that every ounce of another woman's saliva that you swallow [...] shaves a week off the healing process? It's a true and totally scientific fact. I distinctly remember reading it in the Science section of the New York Times this morning."
                                -Dan Savage

"The fact is, finding someone to love requires thick skin, an open heart, nerves of steel, and an assload of luck."
                                -Dategirl

Comment

Working...
                                X