Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casually dating the ex

Hey folks

About a month ago my girlfriend broke up with me because the relationship was getting a bit too intense for her. We both had too much free time...always with each other, etc etc. So, she does this and I tell her that I won't be able to talk to her until I'm over her. Of course, a week later she calls...a few days after that she calls again wants to do dinner (we do) and just the other night we went out for drinks.

So, I suppose what this comes down to is that I'm not over her, and I don't know if I should or want to be. I know this is a typical case of false hope, but why would she keep calling me like this? We're both a lot busier now and we'll both be back in university in a couple weeks, so the problem that drove us apart isn't really going to be a factor if this takes off again.

My problem is that I don't want to push her away by bringing up questions like "what are we doing?", but I also don't think it's healthy for me to keep doing this if it really isn't going to go anywhere. Would you think that I should ride this out a little longer, wait until we're back in school and see how things go then, or should I give the "altimatum" now?

Provided I do confront her on the situation, how would I go about it? Anything I should say or not say? I'm thinking I'd just go with "I'm not over you, I need time to get over you unless we're working this out"....but should I throw anything else in? I want to tell her I understand why it didn't work and why we can make it work now, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bring that up.

Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer. Ultimately I know it's really up to me in regards with what I can put up with...but I'd love to know what you guys think or if you've been in a similar siutation, how it has panned out.
    Thanks again!

You could've bumped the original topic instead of posting pretty much the exact issue.

Comment

This is the first time i posted in here...I wrote about this awhile ago in the other forum but the situation's a little different now.

Thanks for the insightful reply making me feel like an dumbass though.

Comment

Working...
      X