Decipher the 19 yr old girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decipher the 19 yr old girl

I analyse a lot of what people do. I wanted someone else's take on this. I am 24, and this girl is about 19. I just started going to college again after getting out of the military, so learning how to read 19 year old signals is a challenge for me.

There is a girl in a class of mine who never initiates a conversation with me, but she is quick to offer a response if I ask a question not directed at her in particular, and I sit between her and another girl. She does not talk to anyone else. She checks her phone like every 5-10 minutes(boyfriend?).

She laughs at almost every joke I tell, and I am not that funny. She also acts very shy at times. However I am not sure if I am mistaking this shyness and her laughing at my jokes for politeness. Not every girl is willing to make a guy feel awkward.

A few weeks ago, I asked her for her email so we could help each other on an upcoming test, and the email I got did not work, though it was difficult to read. I gave her my email too, and she has never emailed me. Is it more likely that she is not interested or that she does not want to initiate the conversation?

I told her today that I tried the email and she said Oh, I didn't get it. At first, this sounds like she gave me the slip, but she then walked out with me being unusually chatty, and she always walks out a different exit. But, she didn't offer up to verify her email nor her number. Not sure if I should have asked. Whenever I talk to her she smiles when she is talking but she seems nervous.

She also always takes a long time leaving the class giving me the opportunity to talk to her alone if I wait.

Just looking for anything that is glaring to an outside viewpoint that I am oblivious to. Thanks for your insight.

Re: Decipher the 19 yr old girl

I would say you are reading into a lot of this stuff too much. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew your intentions...they pick up and devour that kind of stuff. Go ahead and reconfirm the email address if you want, but if I were you I would shift directions and take less interest in her. If she likes you she will make effort.
    <--- Did you find someones post helpful? If so click the check mark to the left to let them know!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagwood View Post
      I would say you are reading into a lot of this stuff too much. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew your intentions...they pick up and devour that kind of stuff. Go ahead and reconfirm the email address if you want, but if I were you I would shift directions and take less interest in her. If she likes you she will make effort.
      Agreed. Just be cool and take a step back. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a 19 year old female college student. Joking of course. But in all seriousness, I think it might be too early to say definitively whether or not she's into you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagwood View Post
        You're probably right. Thanks for the perspective.

Comment

Working...
        X