met my High School Love after 10 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• met my High School Love after 10 years

Yeah, about 10 years have passed since we met the last time. I was in love with her then, and I am in love with her now. We didn't actually meet, we got into contact over facebook. We sat next to each other for a few years in high school and, boy did we have a great time. I never told her that I was in love, and I am quite sure it would not have worked out then anyway.

But being with her was just great and I can tell that it was mutual. We were laughing our heads of ALL THEEEE TIME. It was fucking hilarious. I have never had so much fun in my life with any other girl.

Well we are older now, I am 25, she is 24 and she'll stay in the UK till May. ( if she doesn't decide to stay ). I can't wait to see her, but how can I ( after all this time ) get casually into contact with her without making it too obvious that I grave her. Some people can read me like a book since I ain't great when it comes to hiding feelings or emotions.
    Just looking at her picture drives me nuts. I wanna be with that girl ! After my BPD ex, I thought I'd unable to ever fall in love again but damn ... this is the one !

Re: met my High School Love after 10 years

I feel like driving to Frankfurt, jumping on the next plane and visiting her. DAMN I want her BAD !!!

Comment

jesus bro chill out, relax, work on your self.

your going to scare her off soon.

Comment

Yeah, about 10 years have passed since we met the last time. I was in love with her then, and I am in love with her now.
        Seriously? Puleeeeeze.

Some people can read me like a book since I ain't great when it comes to hiding feelings or emotions.
        I suggest you work on that.

We didn't actually meet, we got into contact over facebook.
        O.o
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Holy crap Kyu,

10 years is a long time people change. You don't even know her as she is today yet yoru in love with her?

You ex-BPD must have seen you coming. Much like a salesman spots an easy mark.
          There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Well we talked, and it was like in the old times. People change in some aspects, yes but she is still fun to be with. Can't wait for her to get back to germany.

@ Phase ... I said that she is in the UK, yes it was facebook but we quickly exchanged numbers and talked. We have history. We were really good friends for quite some time.

Comment

Really good friends does not equal being In Love With Someone and being in love after 10 years of absence.

I heartily suggest you wheel back your emotional response to her until you see if this "love" you speak of is reciprocated. If you don't, and "it's" not, then once again you will be shredded by another woman that you "will always love" and haven't yet tucked away on the "been there, done that" shelf.

Sorry to sound (no doubt) negative to you but you keep doing the same things over and over and those things don't seem to be working out in the long run for you.

Good luck.. have fun and pick your heart off your sleeve and keep it closer to your chest for the time being is all I'm saying.
              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Kyu, you're going to fuck it up. What you're experiencing is 10 years of repressed sexual tension. If you come in there, guns blazing, you'll just creep her out. In fact, there's a pretty good chance that she sees you as nothing more than a platonic good time.

phasesofthemoon, if he passively follows your advice, he's guaranteed to fuck up. You're probably between the ages of 50 and 60. An old woman like you should have witnessed enough in her life to accept that, contrary to some bullshit some people spew out their mouths, people CAN in fact be made to "fall in love."

It's just that so many are so bad at it, they chuck it off to a random occurrence of destiny. This is a self-defense mechanism to cope with what would otherwise be a hurtful truth: they suck at attracting mates.

Comment

gotta agree with all of you to some degree ... I was wrong to cling to this thought. My feelings for her were just resurfacing after 10 years for the first time again. Hasn't anyone of you ever met someone from their high-school time and found themselves falling back into old patterns ? I guess that is what happened to me.

Nevertheless I still like her. She is a very nice person and I will get in contact with her. Being friends is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sociopath View Post
                    Kyu, you're going to fuck it up. What you're experiencing is 10 years of repressed sexual tension. If you come in there, guns blazing, you'll just creep her out. In fact, there's a pretty good chance that she sees you as nothing more than a platonic good time.
                    Repressed sexual tension is probably not an accurate description. It just infatuation/limerence, which isn't always a bad thing. It's a pretty cool feeling actually, if its not too intense and debilitating.

phasesofthemoon, if he passively follows your advice, he's guaranteed to fuck up.
                    ?? so are you saying he should increase his emotional response/go in guns blazing. But you just said he should avoid that. The key is obviously controlling his emotions, testing the waters tactfully and trying to inch towards a relationship. This is going to take some serious self control if he really is infatuated.

... people CAN in fact be made to "fall in love." It's just that so many are so bad at it, they chuck it off to a random occurrence of destiny. This is a self-defense mechanism to cope with what would otherwise be a hurtful truth: they suck at attracting mates.
                    A few people may think this way, but its not really relevant to the thread is it.
                    Last edited by Sonny; February 26th, 2012, 07:59 AM. Reason: fixed

Comment

Sonny describes it well. I am just not sure of what will happen when I see her the first time. I am sure it will be awkward : /

Comment

See that's where you're emotions are going to hold you back already. Make it not be awkward. Try to change your mindset so that you are just seeing her as a good friend you're really happy to meet. Don't rush it, declare your love out of the blue or anything suicidal like that. Gauge her interest and be tactful. Report back to relationship forums if you need further advice

Comment

Originally posted by Sociopath View Post

phasesofthemoon, if he passively follows your advice, he's guaranteed to fuck up. You're probably between the ages of 50 and 60. An old woman like you should have witnessed enough in her life to accept that, contrary to some bullshit some people spew out their mouths, people CAN in fact be made to "fall in love."

It's just that so many are so bad at it, they chuck it off to a random occurrence of destiny. This is a self-defense mechanism to cope with what would otherwise be a hurtful truth: they suck at attracting mates.
                          What you describe is NOT love but rather psychological addiction and emotional abuse. When you've actually had the chance to fall in love then come back and we'll have a wee chat without your pre-conceived rhetoric.

?? so are you saying he should increase his emotional response/go in guns blazing. But you just said he should avoid that. The key is obviously controlling his emotions, testing the waters tactfully and trying to inch towards a relationship. This is going to take some serious self control if he really is infatuated.
                          This ^^^ is what Kyu needs to do, sociopath. Why you ask? Because unlike you, he is not a sociopath but rather a man who is ruled by his emotions and often shredded because of it and not some ball-freak who gets his validation through his penis while remaining emotionally disconnected while he psycholotically dicks with the emotions of his latest "prey."
                          Last edited by phasesofthemoon; February 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Well its either her or that badass motorcycle I want so bad ... [ kidding, the bike comes first of course ]
                            I am afraid that she'll reject me and doesn't even wanna become friends. Ever since my BPD relationship ended I have a tremendous fear of rejection.

Comment

Go for the bad ass motorcycle the chicks will follow.

Kyu, you and I have had this discussion. Your former BPD should have taught you a few things about rushing in too fast. Slow down bud, and keep looking at motorcycles. Harley Davidsons would be your best bet.
                              There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Working...
                              X