Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My famly are worried about my fathers health?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My famly are worried about my fathers health?

My dad rarely goes out the house he just sits in the living room recording his dvds on to blank dvds then starts recording them again. (it is like an addiction)
    He keeps pausing the washing machine mid cycle which has messed up the circuit board he also flushes rubbish down the toilet.
    He keeps telling constant lies if anybody does something he knows a guy who has done it better or he has (He makes a person up)
    My mum is coming close to leaving and has hinted about moving in with me but i have no room or i would let her.
    My dad steals from his brother and from anyone to get dvds so he can record my mum has had to hide money in a safe he still tries to get in the safe.
    He only goes out to buy dvds from the shop or he will not go out.
    My mum goes through 48 pints of milk a week but there is only two of them there and she is at work most days.

Do you have a question or are you just venting?
    What are you looking for by posting this here?
    You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

I am asking what advice is best should we get him to visit a doctor?
      He keeps eating unhealthy when the doctor has told him he will have a heart attack he has got to go out and excercise but he wont` he just says he is out smarting the doctors.
      He says he has done CPR on himself when he was having a stroke which I do not belive.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen1307 View Post
        I am asking what advice is best should we get him to visit a doctor?
        Yes, a psychiatrist, that's not normal, he may have some form of dementia.

Comment

Unless your father has been declared mentally incompetent, you can't force him to see a doctor. He needs to go voluntarily.
          If you believe he's a danger to his own safety or that of others, look into having him declared incompetent and take charge of his care.
          You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

Working...
          X