Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean when a married man acts like this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean when a married man acts like this?

My friend and I were both talking to each other alone. While he was talking to me, he kept touching his face throughout half of our conversation. He'd keep rubbing his chin, touching his neck and lips. He spent most of the time touching his lips with the tip of his fingers while he was talking to me. He's never done any of this in front of me before.

Also, as I was heading out to leave, he said, "I hope you enjoy the warm weather, such as yourself." But then he caught himself and quickly said, "such as today."

Normally when he texts me, he doesn't initiate the conversation and doesn't use any emoticons within his messages. Just recently, he has started initiating the conversations and he has started using emoticons like smileys whenever he'd text me.

He's married and I'm single. What's going on with him?

purplelilac He's unfaithful to his wife. Consider it fair warning that he will do the same to you and anyone for that matter. Enforce healthy boundaries. If you wish to maintain friendship with your friend, make sure her husband is not there. Meet her at a coffee shop or anywhere he's not there. Avoid the creep!
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by purplelilac View Post
      My friend and I were both talking to each other alone. While he was talking to me, he kept touching his face throughout half of our conversation. He'd keep rubbing his chin, touching his neck and lips. He spent most of the time touching his lips with the tip of his fingers while he was talking to me. He's never done any of this in front of me before.

Also, as I was heading out to leave, he said, "I hope you enjoy the warm weather, such as yourself." But then he caught himself and quickly said, "such as today."

Normally when he texts me, he doesn't initiate the conversation and doesn't use any emoticons within his messages. Just recently, he has started initiating the conversations and he has started using emoticons like smileys whenever he'd text me.

He's married and I'm single. What's going on with him?
      Never mind what’s going on with him!

Whats going in with you? Why were YOU initiating conversations with a married man?

Comment

He's nervous and a bit of an oddball. Someone who has the gall to cheat on their partner is not to be trusted. I think you need to check yourself and be a little more truthful about how you perceive yourself (in the world around you, among your peers, your personal/financial/family/career/etc situation and your shortcomings). Your reality seems very blurred to me which in my opinion is a sign of someone suffering/very vulnerable or running away from something painful and you're only endangering yourself further.

Comment

Originally posted by chanelle View Post
          purplelilac He's unfaithful to his wife. Consider it fair warning that he will do the same to you and anyone for that matter. Enforce healthy boundaries. If you wish to maintain friendship with your friend, make sure her husband is not there. Meet her at a coffee shop or anywhere he's not there. Avoid the creep!
          Talking to someone is NOT being unfaithful to one's wife. Geezus what have you been drinking tonight, chanelle?

purplelilac
          What's going on with him?
          What do you want it to mean?
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post

Talking to someone is NOT being unfaithful to one's wife. Geezus what have you been drinking tonight, chanelle?

purplelilac What do you want it to mean?
            phasesofthemoon I don't know what you've been drinking. Talking to someone while acting all weird and abnormal is a form of unfaithfulness to his wife. My husband would never act like that. That's just plain off and strange not to mention untoward another woman other than his wife.
            "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I think everyone is jumping the gun here to assume he's cheating on his wife.

All we have to go on is:
              - He touches his face whilst talking
              - He had a slip of the tongue whilst saying 'enjoy the weather'
              - His texts now include some emoticons

I really don't see how any of this suggests unfaithfulness to his wife. OP says that they are friends so there's nothing to suggest that any of this is wrong..?

The only interesting thing is that the OP seems to think there is more going on. OP, do you want there to be more going on? What is the nature of your conversations/texts? Are they flirty at all? Do you want them to be?
              Last edited by whatshappeningreg; September 27th, 2018, 04:23 AM.
              Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by whatshappeningreg View Post
                I think everyone is jumping the gun here to assume he's cheating on his wife.

All we have to go on is:
                - He touches his face whilst talking
                - He had a slip of the tongue whilst saying 'enjoy the weather'
                - His texts now include some emoticons

I really don't see how any of this suggests unfaithfulness to his wife. OP says that they are friends so there's nothing to suggest that any of this is wrong..?

The only interesting this is that the OP seems to think there is more going on. OP, do you want there to be more going on? What is the nature of your conversations/texts? Are they flirty at all? Do you want them to be?
                It sounds like she does want to think his mannerisms mean something.
                But i still wonder why she was initiating texts with him and all of a sudden “confused” that he now initiates ?

Comment

OP, if he is your friend, then certainly you have met his wife, right?
                  "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I'm not sure why this man is texting another woman though when he's married. This seems unnecessary. The nature of what they're talking about cannot be important either if it's not logistics or something more sensible which does not leave room for misinterpretation. The way the OP is overthinking his gestures seems inappropriate and the content of their messages doesn't seem important if she's overanalyzing emoticons. While I don't think they're cheating in the traditional sense the impression given of their interactions strikes me as abnormal and inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by purplelilac View Post
                      What's going on with him?
                      I don't know, as I don't know him, and each person acts in their own way.

I suggest you ask him.

Comment

phasesofthemoon I don't know what you've been drinking. Talking to someone while acting all weird and abnormal is a form of unfaithfulness to his wife. My husband would never act like that. That's just plain off and strange not to mention untoward another woman other than his wife.
                        Talking to someone is NOT cheating. There is zero indication that he has done anything other then talk you are reading far too much into it at this point and have on just about every thread you've replied to prior.

I will give you credit for not bringing your mother and abusive father into the thread though. Well done!

The thread is young however.
                        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I ask the Op again: What do you want to be going on with him? You DO indeed sound like you have a crush on him and are hoping that his mannerisms mean more than platonic interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by phasesofthemoon View Post

Talking to someone is NOT cheating. There is zero indication that he has done anything other then talk you are reading far too much into it at this point and have on just about every thread you've replied to prior.

I will give you credit for not bringing your mother and abusive father into the thread though. Well done!

The thread is young however.
                            phasesofthemoon Out of whack untoward behavior toward another woman is not called "love" toward his wife. It's not physical cheating , let's say sleeping with them. However, it's emotional cheating to see what he can get away with while his wife's back is turned. Unfortunately and fortunately, I've learned a lot from my parents and this thing called life. You run into all sorts of characters and after a while you differentiate them into several camps; those whom you can trust if your life depended on them and those who will never have your back.

Comment

However, it's emotional cheating to see what he can get away with while his wife's back is turned.
                              I don't see how you can make that assumption at this stage. OP has said they are friends and that they have conversations with each other. That's it. They could be talking about all sorts of innocent things!

Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Working...
                              X