Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I am losing my identity and confidence living with my family

Hello,

I thought I would post on here because I feel I can't talk to any of my friends about some of the things that have been going on and been feeling very isolated and been losing my confidence.

I moved back home from university in June and in late June I received some bad news that made me feel horrendous. Living with my family has been difficult. There is a drama every other day- yesterday we had to pick up my brother from the police station because he had assaulted someone alongside other things. Every other day we are dealing with him and his constant issues. I am the youngest of 6 and feel like my personality is fading away in that house. I am too embarassed to tell freinds because I'm scared they would think what the hell? That family is crazy- they have come from well-do do stable families and hence I can't feel like I can be myself anymore with them if they hear anything that is going on at home.

The other siblings-brother, sisters etc always just tell me all their problems and issues all the time and I just feel like I am here to absorb everyone's problems and I am a walking counsellor. I feel like unless I don't play that role me and them wouldn't have much to talk about at all. My mum is pretty religious and believes that god will be our saviour and tells me everything will be fine again.

I feel like I am losing my identity, motivation and passion for life and feel like an empty shell inside. It's really horrible.

Any advice or support would be welcome as I feel very alone right now.

Do you plan to go back to the university after summer?
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I think it would be better to live alone. Or just not to listen to your realetives. Yes they need to talk to smbd. And they found you. Try to explain that you have some problems too

Comment

How old are you exactly? You're in an age bracket where you're still finding yourself so outside voices can appear and feel stifling and bullshitty. You'll eventually learn the "one ear in one ear out" technique especially when it comes to your loved ones and the ones you don't love so much. Remember your hobbies and find the time to get out even if it's for a couple of hours a week or every other day. Even if you physically move your family will still exist and you need to grow a thicker skin. If you need to vent, then vent away here. There is no shame in feeling anger and sadness.

Comment

Working...
        X