Am I bitter and stuck up???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I bitter and stuck up???

Hey ppl! So I was called out today for an issue that I feel indifferent about.
    So, about a month ago my twin sister met and guy and maybe 2 weeks later they've officially started dating. I don't know much about him because we haven't met. But one day, I got a random message of a bunch of emojis from my sister. It was random so I didn't respond. It turns out it was her boyfriend sending it from her phone. A few days later, the same thing happened. It was a message that asked "what are these emojis" I kind of knew It was him but it was so random that I viewed the message and clicked off. My sister came home and got upset with me because I didn't respond. I'm like, what was I supposed to say? "Ha ha funny???" It was random goofy emojis sent from my sisters messenger. She said I'm acting stuck up. We're 33 years old. Yes 33. She never introduced me to her new boyfriend. Now, because I didn't act goofy by sending the emojis back, I'm a stuck up, mean bit**. I'm like, what ever happened to introducing your boyfriend to the family and getting to know him? Why are we sending koala emojis and because I don't reply back I'm rude... Am I rude? Again, the messages were being randomly sent from my sister's messenger. Not his. I was outside yesterday when he was here and not a hello or him being introduced to me.

Bitter and stuck up? Probably not, but why didn't you answer the messages? To me, even a random message needs an answer, unless is from someone I don't know.

Comment

I didn't respond because what do I say back? This is her new boyfriend, where is the proper introduction? I don't know this guy at all for him to be sending me silly messages and me to be sending silly messages back. It's very weird especially since he's in his 30's. And I get called out because I don't play along with it...im a silly, goofy, fun person to people I know.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsker2018 View Post
        I didn't respond because what do I say back?
        I would only ask what the message was supposed to mean.

This is her new boyfriend, where is the proper introduction?
        I don't know, as I was never on that situation, but I suppose I would start by asking why was he sending the messages.

Comment

OMG and WTF.

Op: Really, who gives a flying **** off a rolling donut about any of this?
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Lol PhasesofMoon. You do. I swear you love me. No matter what I post, good or dumb you ALWAYS respond. I can always count on you Keep the support coming!!!! At least I'm not invisible Thank you for your response lmao.

Comment

TheAsker2018 No, you're not bitter and stuck-up. My sister is 10 years younger than me and she too is into cutsie emojis on social media, texts, emails and IMs whereas I cut all that crap and just get the message across bluntly as necessary. She has 2 daughters so she's into drama and lacks emotional intelligence to the point of extreme mental sickness. I am perceived as arrogant by my sister but I don't care. We're a generation apart and as for her, her emotional maturity level simply does not exist so I gave up trying as a leopard cannot change its spots. Can't force it.

As for you, you do not need to acknowledge silly, goofy emojis. When you actually see them in person in the future, just act natural, be nice by introducing yourself and remain gracious. It's all you can do. However, it doesn't mean you have to get chummy and start jumping on constant, endless electronic communication with her or her boyfriend. Enforce healthy boundaries.
              "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Lol PhasesofMoon. You do. I swear you love me. No matter what I post, good or dumb you ALWAYS respond. I can always count on you Keep the support coming!!!! At least I'm not invisible Thank you for your response lmao.
                Seriously... why the fk do you go on about such trivial shit? Whats up with you?
                "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Phases of Moon I do it for you!!! I know you love it!

Comment

Phases of Moon I do it for you!!! I know you love it!
                    Sorry, but you have to have some smarts (like your sister for instance) for me to "love it"

Comment

Working...
                    X