Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you tell your parents that you're considering a vasectomy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whatshappeningreg View Post

Problem solved:

rag.jpg
    ... ...
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

OK, so I told them tonight.
      They took it pretty well but encouraged me to wait a few more years.

My initial plan (before this thread) was to wait until I was 40 so I think I'll talk to the GP, get the idea in his mind and on file, and then come back in 5 years when nothing has changed to get the procedure.
      PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
      For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
      Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
      There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
      Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
      You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Sounds like a good plan!
        Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

I would tell them...after it's done lol.

Comment

So I spoke to my GP about it, and he wants us to wait until Rose is 32 before discussing it (2 more years, she just turned 30)
            Not super keen on waiting, but I trust my doctor.
            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversharedude View Post
              So I spoke to my GP about it, and he wants us to wait until Rose is 32 before discussing it (2 more years, she just turned 30)
              Not super keen on waiting, but I trust my doctor.
              Have you both gotten tested for fertility? What I mean is your sperm quality and to check if her tubes are not blocked and if her hormones are at normal levels. If you haven't ask your doctor for referrals or to get you both tested before revisiting this topic again in a few years.

Comment

To what end Rose Mosse ?
                We don't want to be fertile, we don't want kids

Comment

Originally posted by Oversharedude View Post
                  To what end Rose Mosse ?
                  We don't want to be fertile, we don't want kids
                  If she's not ovulating normally for ie or if you have very poor sperm viability, you'll be able to calculate your odds are having children naturally anyway. If the odds are low, I think you may be rushing into the decision. It's not that easy to get pregnant, contrary to popular belief. It might be better to know your fertility as a couple. For all you know you or she may be infertile/sterile to begin with.

Comment

And knowing my luck, I'd end up with a miracle kid...

Comment

Are you married?hope you're never going to regret what you want to do,i wouldn't recommend it to anyone,someone did it and after 2yrs they got divorced be very careful especially being so young for such,my thought
                      Last edited by jeany; May 15th, 2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Really, I must speak my mind here.

You and Rose are old enough and mature enough to know that you don't want children. I'm sure this hasn't been something you've decided on a whim, and that you've given it a lot thought and consideration.. You need to just do it and not let your doctor dictate the terms and conditions. It's absurd to wait another two years. Why is 32 better than 30? Why risk getting pregnant when you don't want children?

Stop over-analyzing it and do what you know you want.
                        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Working...
                        X