No announcement yet.

Am I right to be mad at my best friend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I right to be mad at my best friend?

So, first I should explain something about the school system in our country. We go to "primary" school in our home town from ages 6 to 14, then we go over to high school in a bigger city near us who has like 20 schools, so we all mostly end up in different school and are not classmates anymore. We are sophomores in high school now and we haven't really hung out for 2 years, so I thought about organizing a reunion. We never really hung out a lot, but still it would be nice to see them since we went to school together for almost a decade. I don't like to see us pretend to not know eachother and maybe some of the people had changed and we should revive old bonds.

I asked my best friend what she thinks about this idea and I expected her support, but she flat out said no. She does not want to come to this. She thinks all of these people are annoying and she does not miss anyone of them. Now we weren't the MOST popular girls in school, but we were on good terms with everyone and had a decent amount of friends so I don't know why she is so against it. Some of the classmates (okay, most of them) were assholes, sometimes not very nice (also to us) and really immature, but we should give them a chance. Now I go to school in a whole different city, so I don't see a lot of people from primary school, but she does and also hung out with some of them (with whom she wasn't friends in primary school, but now is) and she says she already sees all the people she wants to see, so why should she look at other people that she finds annoying? I am organizing this thing regardless and I made a Facebook group about it and at first everyone was on board, yet she exited the group which was very mean and left me to deal with it on my own when I already felt a bit insecure about the whole thing. Lately things have been falling apart and people have been cancelling and I am really feeling like a loser + she is kind of rubbing it in my face. She said at the beginning this is gonna fall apart because we were a shitty generation and all hate each other and it's really looking like it's gonna fall apart She is usually super cool and supportive and is the best friend ever, but I really tried to do this and she just went against me. I do realize she was kind of right, but now we had a fight and haven't been speaking for 5 days .. What should I do?

Originally posted by libertyfree View Post
    I asked my best friend what she thinks about this idea and I expected her support, but she flat out said no. She does not want to come to this.
    So she told you from the start that she wasn't interested. No problem, you can do the reunion without her.

I am organizing this thing regardless
    Good idea.

I made a Facebook group about it and at first everyone was on board, yet she exited the group which was very mean and left me to deal with it on my own
    This is where you're wrong. You invited her to the group even though she had told you she wasn't interested, and yet for some reason you expected her to help you organise it? Why would she do that? She never agreed to help you organise anything. She made it clear from the start that she was not going to be involved in this event. She has no obligation to help you whatsoever.

I don't know why she is so against it. Some of the classmates (okay, most of them) were assholes, sometimes not very nice (also to us) and really immature.
    So you 'don't know' why she is against it, but then immediately change your mind and agree that actually most of them were assholes who weren't very nice to you. No wonder she's not interested in hanging out with these people.

I think you should apologise to your friend. She told you she was not interested, but you still tried to force her into it, and then got mad at her when she was still not interested. That's your fuck up, not her's.

Swallow your pride and apologise to her. This is a silly thing to fall out with your best friend over.

Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Working...
    X