College Graduation Divorced Godparents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Graduation Divorced Godparents

My two twin nieces are graduating from college in alittle over a week. One niece's college is a 1-1/2 car ride one way that I am a godmother to and the other niece college is local both on the same day

My brother informed us at Easter that he will be going to my nieces's graduation the one that is 1-1/2 away and that I could ride with him, then he said my EX ( Godfather) is going with him as well and I could ride with them
    I was alittle put out that he asked my EX first and not me. I feel he should had the courtesy to inform me first and asked if I would feel uncomfortable. I am hurt
    My Ex and I have been divorced for 17 years and no children.

I found out from my Mom not my brother that my EX will be attending both graduations and the party at a restaurant afterwards

I am upset and even thought about not attending both of there graduations

I want to do what is right

Any advice on what I should do ???

Why not suck up whatever resentment or awkwardness you feel about it and make the day about the graduation and not your history? Be cordial. After 17 years, you need to bury the hatchet.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Agreed ^

This isn't about you, and your nieces along with the rest of the family will likely resent you if you don't attend. So suck it up!

Besides, the last thing you want is to let your ex know that he still has these effects on you.

Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Put your differences aside for the day. It's about the graduation and supporting your nieces.

Comment

Working...
        X