DNA test?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA test?

Is it worth getting a DNA test for my son. I was thinking of getting a test using my son's DNA and mine just to be certain. It's not that I don't trust my girlfriend but would just like to know for certain. There's a place which sells these tests which can be done with just two people's samples. I wouldn't tell my girlfriend as she would get angry and threaten to finish with me.
    Last edited by purpleroad; April 28th, 2017, 07:54 PM.

Check into the laws first where you live. They may require both parents' signatures.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by purpleroad View Post
      Is it worth getting a DNA test for my son. I was thinking of getting a test using my son's DNA and mine just to be certain. It's not that I don't trust my girlfriend but would just like to know for certain. There's a place which sells these tests which can be done with just two people's samples. I wouldn't tell my girlfriend as she would get angry and threaten to finish with me.
      You certainly do NOT trust your girlfriend if you feel you need a DNA test to make sure the boy is your son.

What makes you think it may not be?
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Do you love your son and his mother? How old is your son? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to to a parental DNA check without consent of both parents. Doesn't mean it's not possible though. Are you registered as the father on his birth certificate?
        What would a DNA test change for you?
        It certainly isn't going to change your mistrust in her either way?

Comment

There are places you can get a test done with just father's and son's DNA. I am on his birth certificate yes. I have no reason to distrust her, but why not be 100% is my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post
            Do you love your son and his mother? How old is your son? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to to a parental DNA check without consent of both parents. Doesn't mean it's not possible though. Are you registered as the father on his birth certificate?
            What would a DNA test change for you?
            It certainly isn't going to change your mistrust in her either way?
            Don't mistrust her.

Comment

What has she done in the past to cause you to mistrust her?

Comment

Don't mistrust her.
                You certainly do NOT trust her if you want to make sure the baby she carried is yours. The least you can do is admit that and then get the test done so that you are not tormenting her with your mistrustful thoughts. If its not your son then you can both get on with your life. If it is then you can relax for at least five minutes until your mistrust rears its ugly head about something else.
                "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

If you don't mistrust her then why do you need to spend money on a DNA test to prove what you already know?

Comment

Is it possible that you are HOPING the child isn't yours so that you can leave this situation?

Was the child planned? And why haven't my married your girlfriend yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollon View Post
                      Is it possible that you are HOPING the child isn't yours so that you can leave this situation?

Was the child planned? And why haven't my married your girlfriend yet?
                      The child was planned and my idea. I just think marriage is a piece of paper. Not sure what girlfriend thinks.

Regarding DNA, I remember my brother talking about how you never know if who you think is your father isn't your father. How is friend's father's father wasn't his father. His grandmother is Greek but not his grandfather who he always thought was. It was an American soldier. She admitted this on her deathbed. I have no real reason to distrust my girlfriend, no more than any other woman just wanted to be 100%. Women all are, why cant men be 100% sure .

Comment

Could you make it something fun all 3 of you could do? Then you aren't doing it behind your back. I'm not too familiar with DNA tests but they have the ones you can screen for certain diseases and such. "It would be fun if we got a DNA test as a family. Learn about our ancestry and if we are at risk for any genetic diseases" Just a thought to spin it another way and still get what you are looking for.

Comment

.....The child was planned and my idea. I just think marriage is a piece of paper. Not sure what girlfriend thinks.....
                          You planned to have a child but you have no idea what the girlfriend thinks of marriage??? What kind of relationship is that???

If marriage is just a piece of paper, would you do if she wanted you to?

..... I have no real reason to distrust my girlfriend, no more than any other woman just wanted to be 100%. Women all are, why cant men be 100% sure ......
                          This is just bizarre..

Comment

why are you going to have dna test again? i dont get it... :/

Comment

Originally posted by JuanGerzina1 View Post
                              why are you going to have dna test again? i dont get it... :/

Shouldn't it be a man's right? All women know 100% because it pops out of their body. Shouldn't that knowledge be the same for men. Sexual equality. Obviously my girlfriend wouldn't like me to do this and would finish with me- a betrayal of trust. But there's an organization I found which does it just from the father's and child's DNA so thought why not. I don't see how girlfriend would find out.

I don't particularly distrust her or think it's another man's. Have to make this decision soon because after my son gets too old he will be able to speak and say I swabbed his mouth to my girlfriend.
                              Last edited by purpleroad; May 10th, 2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X