Problems with my cousin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my cousin

My cousin has 3 kids and have abandoned his kids leaving them with his friends to take care of them. I recently have let my cousin moved in with my wife and son. He has been an annoying factor in the house. He searches for girls to take care of him. He wants me to do everything for him. He wants me to find him a job, apply for state benefits, and pick up the things that he is slacking. For example, every time he gets paid from his part-time job, he claims he doesn't have money for his phone bill or transportation to go to work. Couple of times I purchased a weekly metro card for him or gave him money, but I see that he is using it to his advantage, so I stop doing it. The deal for him to move in my house was to temporary save some money then move out. He has not had any motivation to move out my house or save any money. I feel like I am stuck with my cousin and his issues. By next year I will be purchasing a house and I don't want him to move in with us. How can I break it down to him, saying that I don't want you to live with us? I feel like I'm raising a teenager.

Re: Problems with my cousin

Give him 60 days notice that he must be out by. No if and or buts. Give him a newspaper that has notices regarding "Rooms for Rent" and tell him to start looking at them tomorrow.
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

You tell him. As Phases said, you give hi time to get out, and you may even want to give him a deposit towards his own place, or a place he shares with someone.

Sometimes there is no 'nice' way of doing things. You just have to be direct and tell him the truth.

Comment

Thanks, I guess I have to man up to be the bad guy

Comment

Help him to find a better job and where to live. He should learn how to be a man... learn to feel, think, and act with respect for you and him-selves. Just speak... tell him that you do not have the money and time to raise time and that he shouw have his own life.

Comment

Working...
          X