Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the 'if you were meant to be together, you would be together' comment...
    i wonder if theres such a thing as, being... meant to be together at a certain time
    because ive seen couples not work... and then suddenly its a few years down the road and theyre getting married, and things a flippin' awesome...
    我一定不會放開妳 因為是妳讓我相信愛 所以我終於明白了 這是愛

Comment

Originally posted by chiukit@Aug 21 2004, 06:28 AM
      to the 'if you were meant to be together, you would be together' comment...
      i wonder if theres such a thing as, being... meant to be together at a certain time
      because ive seen couples not work... and then suddenly its a few years down the road and theyre getting married, and things a flippin' awesome...
      You know what...I have always wondered that myself.

Comment

It's called "finishing maturing and becoming who you are, and then finally being compatible"

The Cruxshadows kick serious ass, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by chiukit@Aug 21 2004, 07:28 AM
          chiu --> i think there is, sometimes. i've seen that happen too.
          "It's really not so good to have time. Rush, scramble, desperation, this missed, that left behind, those others too big to fit into such a small space-- that's the way life was meant to be. You're supposed to be too late for some things. Don't worry about it."
          -The Skull, The Last Unicorn

Comment

Originally posted by ps_tiger@Jan 12 2004, 10:49 PM

1) Do NOT hang out with your ex. >>> wait.. so we can't be friends?

1a) And if he/she starts talking about getting back together, donít listen. >>> so we realy can't be friends.

2) Think about the things that went WRONG in your relationship. >>> what's the use?

3) Talk with your friends (NOT her/his friends, or you may just end up with her/him yelling at you). >>> yeah i agree on this one.,\

4) Realize that if you were meant to be together, you WOULD be together >>> oh no.. eternal optimists...
            .5) Realize that you deserve better. >>>>>>>>>> that;s what they always say.
            <span style='color:blue'>in life i know there is lots of grief... but your love is my relief</span>

Comment

Originally posted by darkglass@Nov 17 2004, 03:46 AM
              1) Do NOT hang out with your ex. >>> wait.. so we can&#39;t be friends?

1a) And if he/she starts talking about getting back together, donít listen. >>> so we realy can&#39;t be friends.
              There&#39;s some stuff on the list I don&#39;t really agree with myself... But that first one makes a lot of practical sense. In the long run, of course it&#39;s ok to be friends and to hang out and everything. But this is about tips on getting over someone... ie you just got nailed, what do do NOW? And really, the first thing is more a matter of getting closure... if it&#39;s possible (sometimes not), then try to be at ease with the reasons and understand why it happened... THEN... time to get some distance. And distance is good. If you keep hanging around with the person, you won&#39;t get better very fast. It&#39;s a pretty good rule of thumb.

Comment

Is it ok to talk to your ex even if its been 5 months and your not over her? Or is better to stay away a while longer?

Comment

Don&#39;t count days. Just wait till you&#39;re actually over her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuky@Dec 1 2004, 09:19 PM
                    Don&#39;t count days. Just wait till you&#39;re actually over her.
                    I feel like im never going to be over her...so never be freinds with her???

Comment

That&#39;s cause you&#39;re waiting on it, instead of doing something about it and not worrying about how long it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuky@Dec 3 2004, 06:42 AM
                        That&#39;s cause you&#39;re waiting on it, instead of doing something about it and not worrying about how long it takes.
                        What am I supposed to do about it???

Comment

Why, stuff that helps you move on, of course :P.

If you feel that you&#39;re nothing without her, you have to prove yourself wrong on it. I think the biggest thing, in any case, is rebuilding your confidence. Once you&#39;re on your way to that, you&#39;ll start to realize you&#39;re fine and happy on your own. The rest is history.

Comment

So how do I do things that
                            a) build my confidence
                            and b ) prove to myself that I don&#39;t need him?
                            And, since his friends are my friends, for the most part, I see him daily.
                            Is there a polite way to tell him that I would rather he stay away?
                            If not, then what do I do? Besides accept it will take a d*** long time to get over him, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuky@Dec 6 2004, 08:03 AM
                              Why, stuff that helps you move on, of course :P.

If you feel that you&#39;re nothing without her, you have to prove yourself wrong on it. I think the biggest thing, in any case, is rebuilding your confidence. Once you&#39;re on your way to that, you&#39;ll start to realize you&#39;re fine and happy on your own. The rest is history.
                              Im fine with my confidance. Im not lowering myself or anything. The problem is that I still want her, well my body does I dont (Logically that is). Something inside of me wants her, my head says not but my emotions say yes.

Comment

Re: How To Get Over Your Ex.

The original post has some really strong important points.

Now first off, been dumped, and crawled back myself. Yeah I know "Sucker", I don't do that anymore by the way. But I learned the advice posted here indirectly. Let me give a little story.

This woman I loved, and still dearly love became my world. She was always on my mind, not a day goes by without me thinking of her.

I tried dating again, found a few likely prospects. All through this period, I was still hung up over my "true" love. Well, after a few weeks or a month, these new relationships became stale and boring, so I limited contact with these new women I really didn't care for beyond just being friends. A really odd thing began happening. These in betweens wouldn't leave me alone, phone calls, text messages, knocking on my door you name it they did it trying to garner my undivided attention.

Now for my efforts, I have one woman that probably cares but is confused with life(the one I care for and love), I have like 3 women beating down my door just to be with me or to talk to me that I cann't get off my back. (No this isn't an ego trip, really wish they would go off and find someone else) The more I ignore these 3 the more intense they become. Maybe my experience will be a confirming factor as to how any woman, someone might care for, feels when people are hounding them. Pressure push's people away. None of this ladies are bad picks, they just aren't what I am searching for and the more the hound me the more I don't want to be around them.

So working to forget your ex, garners you much attention from more likely prospects in other sectors. This thread could also be posted under the other thread about basically how to drive your ex nuts to want you back, but figure it would be better here. The distancing things works both ways, and I figured it would fit better under a thread with dealing with a breaking up and moving on. Every person you meet is a likely relationship prospect, you just have to appear confident and comfortable and things happen.

Just my .02

P.S. Sorry for the edits, it is late.
                                Last edited by DDB; January 21st, 2006, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X